New Guy Here!

2810guy

Sure is Great to have places like this to spend some Internet Time. I really enjoy learning I quess at the expense of others :wink:
I live in Central New York State, Oswego County to be exact in the "Snow Belt" Love it for the most part.
I am a Crane operator by trade but. . .was born on a dairy and beef farm and spent my spare time working in the woods cutting saw logs and firewood. We, (dad and I) use to cut an average of 500 cords of wood a year, but . . .Dads retired and I don't want him working in the woods anymore so its just me working now. Sold the Herd off about 10 years ago and now I spend most of my time during the spring,summer and fall months mowing all that we pastured and had for hay. The place looks like a giant lawn and its "My Time" from the "rat race" of every day life.
My dad had me on a tractor at 6 months of age, and now at 50 years of age Im still loving it as much as the day I did my solo on a tractor when I was 5.
I guess you can say, "Been there, Done that, and have worn out the tee shirt" I've learned a lot but. . .have a lot to experience yet before Im done.

urednecku

Welcome to the forum!!:beer:
I can relate to 'seat time' being "my time from the rat race"....I'm on about 75 acres my late Dad bought in about '43, and am trying to get it to make positive income now. Just planted another 20 acre hay, in addition to the 10 I planted 2 years ago. Still working full time makes time here scarce, but I still enjoy it!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi & Welcome to Net Tractor Talk 2810guy!!!!!!
Crane operator ...that sounds interesting. I bet you got some stories you could share.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

Jim