Got some seat time today ..

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What a nice day. I removed the blade from the 3ph of the Kubota and put on the 6' rake that i picked up last fall. I had some dirt to spread and with the Front End Loader and 3ph rake I was able to get er done quickly. Actually to quick.
So, I noticed I had left bunches of grass clumps last time I mowed since rain and wet ground had prevented me from mowing when I normally would have. So I tried the 3ph rake to see how it would do gathering up the dead grass. It worked like a charm. This rake is great. Next I used it to rough up the ground on a little hillside where I'm having a hard time getting grass to grow. Got that done. That was the end of my seat time. :(
Then I had to pick up grass seed and straw so I could seed and straw the area. My back hurts but I got er done.
Tomorrow I tackle the river bank with my 'new to me' lawnboy mower.

BoneheadNW

Doc-
What rake do you have? Can you post a pic? Also, at lunchtime I ran over to the local garden store (by local I mean that the Japanese family that owns it goes back several generations on the island) to buy some grass seed. The "premium seed" called Show and Shade was $85 for 25 lbs! I almost fainted! What seed do you use?
Bonehead

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think it's called Kentucky rye 31. They say it will grow on a rock. I used it when I first seeded my yard 9 years ago. It cost 48 dollars for 50 pounds. Today 50 pounds cost me 65 dollars. Not to bad. Bales of straw were 4.50 ea.

My rake looks like the King Kutter ones at Tractor Supply, but it's not. I got it from a local dealer. He always has the best prices on implements in my area. I'll get a pic of it in the next day or two. Best part is it cost about the same as the ones Tractor Supply sells but to me it appears to be heavier duty. :thumb: