Latest maintenance issues on the DK45s

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Just thought I'd comment on some small issues on the Yote with 300 hours.

I've been leaving the tractor outside of late due to good weather and availability............... hey, the barns 250 yards from the back porch ..... :)

Shuttle shift got stiff on me last week so I looked every were for a grease fitting or something to try and loosen it up, nothing! Figured I'd try spraying some kroil on the shaft and surprise, surprise .............. It never worked so smooth.

Yesterday on my greasing and walk around I found a sub-frame bolt really loose, like the nut fell off. Got on the ground and found the lock washer gone! Looked at the others (which were tight) and found 5 more were the lock washers were splayed open. It appears to me that they used a 5/8's washer on a 17 mm bolt ............ :pat: Went and got the proper washers and ran it pretty good, so far so good!

I seems about every 50 hours or so I find small maintenance issues beyond to occasional plugged zerk. Just a reminder to make an occasional walk around and regular inspections! Take good care of your investment!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We all need to check for loose nuts ever so often.

Kroil is some awesome stuff. Good choice! :thumb:

B

bczoom

I've been leaving the tractor outside of late due to good weather and availability..........

Take good care of your investment!
OK, which is it going to be?
Rain yesterday and every day in the long-term forecast. Do you have it inside?