tc-55 headgasket

sportsman

mornin. my buddy has a 2005 tc-55 with only 1,000 hours on it and blew a head gasket yesterday. i have a 2007 t-2420 which is the same thing just a different number.he was told from the dealer that it was common for them to go at about 500 hours. i was woundering if anybody knows if this problem was taken care of befor my t series came out. i really don't want to have to worry about this every time i use it. thanks.

You most likely already know this...

From what info I could find, both use the same engine. But the tc55 list NH as the supplier. Yours may be from another & yours shows to have a few more horses.
I don't own a turbo diesel tractor, but I have owned turbo gas vehicles. The turbo does the same thing, creates heat from the higher pressure which effect the head gaskets.
A lot of the longevity is related to operational habits. Allow the engine to warm up to operational temp before loading the turbo up and letting them run long enough to cool down after being ran under a load helps a lot.

sportsman

i did'nt know that. thanks for the heads up. he has it tore apart and found out that they made two different gaskets but is not sure if the better one is in mine or not. being newer i would think so but i've thought wrong before. but thanks for looking into it for me.