Kioti DK40SE Shifting Problems

CAM

I have a 2008 Kioti DK 40 SE Stick Shift Transmission and it becomes very hard to shift from Foreward to Reverse after it's been worked Hard. Two seperate Kioti dealers have taken the transmission apart under warranty and have not found any major problems. Has any one had this problen or any suggestion? They have changed the shifting fork and rod and all syncros and still have the same problem. They said the clutch is fine and has very little wear and it is adjusted correctly. This problem has been going on since new. I have 420 hours on the tractror.

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Only when 'worked hard' or when it's hot? Very curious. I've never heard of the issue so you have me scratchin my noggin.
If I understand you correctly, if you are simply puttering along at 2k rpm doing light work but doing it for hours it would never show the shifting issue?
When you work it hard, are you digging, bush hoggin or box blading etc.. I wonder if weight has anything to do with it?

CAM

Only when 'worked hard' or when it's hot? Very curious. I've never heard of the issue so you have me scratchin my noggin.
If I understand you correctly, if you are simply puttering along at 2k rpm doing light work but doing it for hours it would never show the shifting issue?
When you work it hard, are you digging, bush hoggin or box blading etc.. I wonder if weight has anything to do with it?

Scott,

After pushing snow berms off the road for abouit 4 hours, going back and forth, the shifting became increasingly worse. I had nothing mounted on the back of the three point hitch and was only using my front loader bucket.

Thanks for your reply.

CAM

Stormriderblue

Dear CAM,
In order for your tractor to go back and forth doing some work like cleaning snow or anything like that, you should have gotten a hydrostatic transmission because it is a lot easier to get the chores done. With the gears shifting, you need to come to a complete stop and then shift to go backward, otherwise you will find it most difficult to work with ( like grinding sound ), but not necessary because some tractors may have a switch that built in that make a tractor move forward or backward without shifting gears ( it look like a level stick that can flip up or down under the steering wheel which is on the left side). I know that hydrostatic can be expensive, but it is worth it to do most work done in timely fraction on the go (like back and forth).