2010 starter selenoid trouble

lmw665

we have a 2010 row crop serial # 165-G-4H11436 model HA-165G it has a prestolite starter motor and the selenoid has cracked and won't function as needed. would any body have any information on where we could find a new selenoid or if we can replace it with a different type of selenoid.

jd110

You don't mention whether you have a gas or diesel, but the solenoid for prestolite starter is the same either way. I have attached diagram. #43 is what you are looking for I believe. It is still available through Deere. Part number at17838, but it is pricey - around $200.00. Some 2010's had delco starters. Parts are more plentiful(and reasonable) for those. You might consider getting a complete delco to replace the prestolite. Gas part number is SE501437 - around $200.00 complete. Diesel part number TY6695 - oops! no longer available. If you have the diesel, maybe you can find a rebuildable starter at a salvage yard.

Attachments

• T14541_________UN01JAN94.jpg
    T14541_________UN01JAN94.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 26

lmw665

thanks for the reply about the 2010 starter motor, sorry it is a gas motor in this tractor and i will look into the delco replacement wasn't sure if that was possible to replace the prestolite with a delco, does it bolt up and wire the same? thanks for the help.

jd110

It has been a long time ago, but I did swap one and I don't remember any problems. There are no differences in the flywheel, cylinder block or plate on back of engine, so it has to bolt up. The delco starter has a more"traditional" solenoid, so the terminal to attach wires are in different position, but the wires should be the same. It is possible you may need to extend the wires a little to reach.