Speedometer Installation Problem

landdog49

After removing the bolt in the tranny retainer bracket I tried to pull the plug out. It wouldn’t give after using several tools. Finally I was able to move it in a counter clockwise like unscrewing it. I really didn’t think it unscrewed because the new sensor unit has an O ring. While trying to pull and/or pry the plug out the bracket broke off the plug. It didn’t take much.
There nothing to pull on. It is out just enough that I can make out that it is not flush with the tranny housing. This is a Kubota kit.
How can I get the plug out?

landdog49

Are you saying that the speedometer doesn't work. I need to drive a specific speed while spraying to ensure that the correct amount of herbicide is applied

cpsseals

Nope, just saying I wish my 1100 was a little faster. And I've never had the chance to fix it yet.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
landdog, the speedometer is very,very close to accurate. I used to spray with a pull behind when I had the '05 RTV and went less than 4 mph to get out the required solution that I needed per acre. Now I use the tractor because I have so much to cover.
When you finally get that plug out be aware that the transmission fluid will be ready to pour out.- if it is still like the one I installed years ago .
I am not sure what that broke off piece you have looks like but some of us might could offer suggestions if you have a picture you could post . , is there an indention in this broke off piece ? what is it made of?

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Use a GPS....very accurate and digital.......God bless......Dennis

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
The plug has an o-ring and that's all. So it must be stuck on the o-ring.
Best suggestion, drill the proper size hole, tap it, screw in a bolt and use that to remove the plug.
Or have someone weld a rod to the plug, that might be easier. Then pull on that.
It's just stuck on the rubber.
Plug is about 1/2" deep, so if you drill don't go too far as bits will get into the trany.
Welding would be the better.

landdog49

Thank you. I am concerned that the plug would not be very thick and I would drill into the tranny. All I need is to have cutting in it.
I prefer to have someone weld a ring on the plug but there is only 1 welding shop in the area.

landdog49

A neighbor came over and looked at it. He has a wire feed welder with a little nozzle. He was able to weld a 10 inch long bolt onto the metal plug. He yanked right off. Thanks for all the input.