CK20 Intermittent rear Hydrualic failure

oldguygw

I have a CK20 with low hours. Recently the rear hydraulic has started failing. Has anyone seen this problem?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

2-point hitch is failing or do you have a backhoe or other implement in the rear running off ports. When I've seen failures on the backhoes it's normally the o-rings in the cyclic control valve (what your operation controls connect to).

oldguygw

Thank you for the response

The problem is just lifting implements. I don't have any other hydraulics attached. I am thinking about changing the hydraulic fluid. Again, thanks for the response.
Gerry

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi old guy. I would change the hydraulic filter and fluids. If it has never been changed, it may just have some blockage from factory "stuff" in there. But, first,this might possibly help.. Check the "pto" knob there near the seat front like where your heel goes. Mine had been moved and the pto lift would not work. I guess I had moved it.. scared me as I thought my tractor was "tore up" ... good luck . collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Also check your rear hydraulic speed control knob. If it's turned in too tight, I know the implement won't lower. Not sure if the Kioti limits the raise of the implement (my JD doesn't)
It's a round knob between your legs, under the seat. Turn it counter-clockwise about 1 turn and see what that does. It's there to control how fast a 3PH implement drops. If in too tight, no implement will come down.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
BCZoom and I are talking about the same thing.. but I named it wrong. :hammer: On my DK40 se Kioti, it is right about your heel area as you sit on the seat. collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So we're all on the same page, I just walked over to the neighbor's and snapped a pic of his DK35 controls in that area.

As viewed in the picture, the far left is the mid-PTO control. If you have it, make sure it's in the off (down) position.

The orange steal rod that's bent 90° is your rear-diff-lock. Doesn't matter either way for hydraulics.

Your hydraulic float control is the round silver knob. Turn it counter-clockwise to increase 3-point-hitch implement drop speed. If too closed (clockwise), your implement won't come down.

Attachments

• CIMG0348.jpg
    CIMG0348.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 13