Tractor improvements

Brian,
Is that you in the photo with the tire or one of your staff servants?
hugs, Brandi
No, that is my brother, who by the way helps me out more than if he was my right hand man.:thumb:

This is the only pic with me in it that I can think of now. Me on the Case that I would like to have, at Tulare last year.:wave: Oh, here's another one my wife just came up with. I'm on a 450hp Challenger.

Attachments

• P2140003.JPG
    P2140003.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 243
  • P4290008.JPG
    P4290008.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Not Brian. Brian was taking the picture. I believe that was a member of the rock group "ZZ Top" who happened to be passing by Brian's ranch.

Things like that happen all the time out on the Left Coast. :)

Dougster

:yum: :yum: :yum: That is not the first time that comparison has been made.

Dougster

Old Member
No, that is my brother, who by the way helps me out more than if he was my right hand man.:thumb:

This is the only pic with me in it that I can think of now. Me on the Case that I would like to have, at Tulare last year.:wave: Oh, here's another one my wife just came up with. I'm on a 450hp Challenger.
Brian - You look dang good hanging off that Monster Case machine... but if you bought it, you realize you'd have to paint it blue, of course! :thumb:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
I do believe that even I could like red if it was on that size machine.;)
Now you're coming 'round! :thumb: That's what I like to hear! :)

Besides, if anyone ever made any negative comments about your new red tractor... you could just run them over and squish them! :thumb:

Dougster

Now you're coming 'round! :thumb: That's what I like to hear! :)

Besides, if anyone ever made any negative comments about your new red tractor... you could just run them over and squish them! :thumb:

Dougster

You know the problem with bigger tractors?:confused: Bigger tractors = bigger implements = more $$$$$:sad: = less tractor time:sad: = more jobs completed:D = a happy wife.:thumb:

Oh yeah, I could just get a New Holland and not worry about living with the red.;) But enough dreaming and back to reality, this is what I ended up with, needs new tires and a seat. Should cut my disking time in half.:D

Attachments

• Case 1200 006.jpg
    Case 1200 006.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Case 1200 007.jpg
    Case 1200 007.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 220

Dougster

Old Member
But enough dreaming and back to reality, this is what I ended up with, needs new tires and a seat. Should cut my disking time in half.:D
You are totally out of control! :D It's amazing your wife hasn't throttled you back to idle and taken away your wallet for good!!! ;)

Dougster

Brian,
Do you sit inside that thing or do you have a ROPS for it?:fishing:
hugs, Brandi

No ROPS for this tractor, if you look close you can see the steering wheel up on top. When your in the seat your head is about 10-11 feet from the ground.:eek: Tractor seems very stable though, about 16,000lbs empty,(if I remember correctly) true 4x4, crab steering if needed, 120HP with only 2200 hours. Hope to have it out pulling our 12' disk with about $7500 invested.:thumb:

GreenMtns

How about sharing all of your tractor & attachment improvements. Show photo's of your completed attachment improvements, and or handy attachment ideas.
Drink holders, chain holders, tool boxes or anything you've modified on your tractor.

Here's one I put on the back of my JD 3520. The hydraulic kit for the loader third function is tied into the 3rd SVC. When you want to use the 3rd SVC on the rear I guess they want you to just unplug the lines and let them hang there. That seemed like it had all the ear marks of a problem. Either dirt entering or having them get tangled up in something so I mounted a new bracket and now use these jumper hoses when I want power to the front. Unplug them when I use the rear SVC. :mrgreen:

Front power

Rear power

Al

xlr82v2

So far, I've just added the obligatory bucket hooks to my Mahindra 3525.

I did a big writeup about welding them on back on that other tractor site, if anyone's interested... Welding Bucket Hooks

Next planned mods are some loops back on the 3ph arms to store lynch pins when not in use, and possibly a chain holder or 2. Other than those, I'm happy so far.

GinNB

Doc,
Here is a photo of my receiver hitch on my bucket to move my gooseneck around.:thumb: On each corner are chain hooks.
hugs, Brandi

That ball inserted backwards just to tuck it out of the way when not in use or is it used that way? I'm thinking you could handle more weight on the ball without lifting the rear if you could use it that way.

I think I know what I'll be adding to a few of my buckets this winter. :)

Bindian

That ball inserted backwards just to tuck it out of the way when not in use or is it used that way? I'm thinking you could handle more weight on the ball without lifting the rear if you could use it that way.

I think I know what I'll be adding to a few of my buckets this winter. :)
GinNB,
I leave it that way. I did replace the quick pin with a bolt because of vibration noise. With a gooseneck, it works better that way and it is out of the way the rest of the time.:cool: I don't need it for weight considers, as I have a 1600 pound backhoe on the rear. I do have another ball mount that bent almost 90 degrees. It installs on the front side. That way I can curl the bucket all the way down and the ball will be almost on the ground. I made it to move my brothers 30 travel trailer, but haven't got to use it yet.
hugs, Brandi

GinNB

I've seen a few pix of receivers like this on buckets in the last few days, but they all seem to be made from factory parts. They've got the reinforcing ring around the end anyway. Not sure what they cost, but I've made some receivers before using special square tubing with no internal seam with the right ID to take standard square tubing into it. When I priced it at the Metal Supermarket it was only something like 25 cents more per foot than the regular stuff with the seam.

Dunno why I never thought of bending the bucket over and putting a receiver there. It might require a bit of a drop on the insert to get the ball down low enough for some trailers, but it's worth a shot...