My Ky Garden Tractors

olcowhand

Here are my garden tractors that I have restored, or modified. Each has a story too long for me to tell all right now, but I'll add a little on each.
1st is my Allis 416H that was my FIL's. I restored & altered it. Changed from handle to "foot hydro control". I made the decals also. It's at our local show in pic.

DSC00009.jpg

My littlest Massey, a MF85, but not a GT, just a lawn tractor. Started life as a 5 speed with 8hp Briggs, but is now 12.5IC Briggs & hydrostatic, plus has electric pto now, rather than stock manual pto.
ToBurn001.jpg

This is my MTD made "Unico 15" sold by Southern States Coop back in 71. I restored & build the front bumper. Also made the decals. It's at our local show too (last year's show).
DSC00040.jpg

Here's my 1967 MF12 hydro. It was the 44th of it's model off the assembly line. My Daughter standing with it at last year's show.
DSC00039.jpg

This is my pride & joy among my GT's. It started as a MF1650, but I used grill, dash & hood off earlier MF14 as I prefer that style. I added power steering (powered by hydro charge pump) & built the FEL from scratch. Back tires fluid filled & cast weights. With loader on it weighs right at 1700lbs. The oe electric pto clutch activates the hydraulic pump for the loader. The oil is stored in the loader mount frame. Cut & dropped chassis to get crank on a 20hp Onan to line up. This baby is VERY handy & is used a lot. I also have a tooth attachment to clean my calf freestalls.
Finished2050006.jpg

This tractor is strong. I built this 2 bottom plow from two Brinly 10"ers & she pulls them easily! That paint on the plow won't last too long. I love plowing with the thing. I prettied it up for the show this year...can't wait to dirty it up! :wink:
DSC00013.jpg

I have a few more tractors I have yet to restore & will post them later. One is a modified project that is in process right now. When I say modified, I mean altered, not souped up for racing or the like. Mine are all ready to use for work.

Some gorgeous small tractors. :thumb: Thanks for showing them to us. I especially liked that modified 2 bottom plow. You think you could post some photos of it by itself. I wouldnt mind modifying one that I have to your design there.:wink:

olcowhand

Goldchaser, here's all the pics I took during building. Hope it helps.
DSC00260.jpg

Here is my adjustable depth wheel setup. Made it all from scratch, but you might use components off an old tractor's lawn mower deck to make it easier.
DSC00261.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

olcowhand

BTW, once I tested tractor to be sure it'd pull it, then I welded the two plows to a toolbar solid. Till I tested it, I had it bolted to another toolbar. Then I made this toolbar just for the plow.

That is a neat design. :applause: Thanks for the photos. I can pretty much fabricate any parts I would need. Am an old machinist/handyman/chief cook and bottle washer.:wink: I think I will be working on something similar this winter for one of my winter projects. Thanks again.
:wave:

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Good stuff and great work ............ Mith is going to love this thread!

Mith

:D Dan they all look so shiny ;)

The JB1 looks much bigger than I thought from comparing it to the Allis in the first pic.

olcowhand

The JB1 looks much bigger than I thought from comparing it to the Allis in the first pic.

Jim, the JBI is a good sized tractor. That's one reason I wanted to repower to more match the power to the size of the tractor. Also because I'm a grunt power freak! :mrgreen: I'll post about the JBI later.

olcowhand

Here are my 2 Bush Hog D4-10 tractors. I'm gonna eventually restore one of them. It will be bone stock with no alterations at all. I have the parts to make one a totally complete restoration. The other restored pic is one that the Bush Hog Corporation did & showed at Louisville's big "National Farm machinery Show" last February. The decals on that restored one.....I made them for the company! That's a long story, but one I will always be proud of!
Here's mine:
DSC00008.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

Here's Bush Hog's Restore...w/decals I made!

DSC00081.jpg