TYM Tractors

fla45fan

Just started checking out the TYM Lineup and I'm impressed by the specs, warranty, pricing, and the dealer. I'm still going to check out a couple more lines (Mahindra, Kiota, Kabota) but right now it looks like it's a TYM for Kim!

cash Pricing for tractor and FEL - 233HST - 10,600, 273HST - 11,600, and my favorite the 293HST for $12,600

My dealer in Westfield NY Don Rammelt Farm and Yard, spent considerable time with me, explaining things to the newbie that I am, gave me a test drive, and insisted on giving me his best cash price right then and there. When I quizzed him about the competition, he had nothing bad to say about them. Instead he practically begged me to compare them. He said that after I did, I'd be back to see him. Talk about confident!

Joeyd

Kim,
I think you will find out the dealer is correct. My dealer, Terry Jordan in Post Falls, Id., also had nothing but good things to say about the other brands. I purposely saved TYM for last thinking that I would get schooled first by the big boys, Deere and Kubota. After looking at them then comparing TYM I was sold. Besides being a retired fireman I was partial to the color, :)

fla45fan

UPDATE

It's a TYM for Kim!
I ended up buying the TYM 353HST w/ FEL and 6 ft York rake - tractor w/FEL was $14,500 out the door with the rebate. The dealer didn't have a rake in stock so he found one at TSC and brought it with him during an on-site demo between the 293 and the 353. The rake will be $400 extra. I liked the size and power on the 353 better. I got more schooling from him than any of the other dealers put together. All were friendly but he definately put the time into the sale and was really patient with me. Currently I'm happier than a pig in poo! Let's see how everything is inthe long run.

Joeyd

I think you'll be very happy with the 353, I know I am. I only have 15 hours on mine but no complaints at all. Sounds likeyou found another TYM dealer who believes in customer service, maybe it is a requirement. By the way that sounds like a screaming deal $$$ on the 353, congratulations.

tscozz

UPDATE

It's a TYM for Kim!
I ended up buying the TYM 353HST w/ FEL and 6 ft York rake - tractor w/FEL was $14,500 out the door with the rebate. The dealer didn't have a rake in stock so he found one at TSC and brought it with him during an on-site demo between the 293 and the 353. The rake will be $400 extra. I liked the size and power on the 353 better. I got more schooling from him than any of the other dealers put together. All were friendly but he definately put the time into the sale and was really patient with me. Currently I'm happier than a pig in poo! Let's see how everything is inthe long run.
Wondering where you got the 353HST with FEL for $14,500?

fla45fan

A dealer in WNY called Rammelt's - great guy - said he would give me a screaming deal on the 353, only 2K more than the 293 I was looking at. I'm guessing that it was time to pay the factory for inventory! Keep in mind that this includes the factory rebate/cash in lieu of financing of $4000!

fla45fan

update on 353 hst pricing

Hey Just so everybody knows, the price I got on the 353hst was a screaming deal from the dealer - he was overstocked and needed to move the tractor - normally it would be about another 1K - still a great deal (value) compared to all the other brands I looked at.

monroeman48

I am looking at a 23 Hp TYM on Craigslist. I don't remember the model number. It is priced at $4,600.00 including shipping. This sounds too good to be true, but they say that the transaction will go through ebay. Does anybody have any thoughts?

Joeyd

Run!!!! Even Craigslist says most vehicle shipping ads are scams. I learned a long time ago, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll 2nd what Joeyd said, save yourself the aggravation and potential loss of funds. If it were close enough to go see it I might try a face to face ....that won't cost you nothing but I have a feeling they would have a reason why they could not meet with you.

VSDI

:winterrules:I joined the TYM family today with a 353 HST after reading all the posts here. It was slightly used with 103 hours. The dealer installed lights on the props for me and they work well. He even mounted the switch on the dash looks like it came from the factory.
Thanks everyone for your postings they helped me decide to go with TYM.

Attachments

• DSC_0536.JPG
    DSC_0536.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 137

Joeyd

VSDI - Welcome to the TYM club. I also have the 353HST and it has done everything I asked of it. The lights look great, did you get some for the rear and the backhoe or do those swivel to the back?

VSDI

Joeyd
Thanks for the welcome. The lights could be turned around but they would loosen up over time, so I am not planning on doing backhoe work at night. I need to plow at night, that was my reason for these super KC lights. They truly live up to their name daylighters. Photos show with and without lights on.
The dealer installed them at no charge and he did a great job The switch is just above the hazard light switch on the left.

Attachments

• wday.JPG
    wday.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 128
  • woday.JPG
    woday.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 127

Joeyd

I added a couple of lights to the rear on my RPOS since I have a 3pt blower for my driveway/road. :letitsnow: How about a pic of the placement of the lights, we all like new ideas.

VSDI

Lights mounted on props

Here is a photo of how the dealer installed the daylighter lights. He utilized the existing brackets to install them.

Attachments

• Light mounting.JPG
    Light mounting.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 111
If ya dont mind me asking what was the price tag on that nice lookin TYM with the FEL? I've been looking into new tractors for the last year. I have a Dealer that lives 1/2 mi. away from my farm that Deals in Cub Cadets, McCormicks, and TYMs. Only priced the mccormicks and new compacts from Cub w/ the Yanmar engines in them.

Joeyd

If ya dont mind me asking what was the price tag on that nice lookin TYM with the FEL? I've been looking into new tractors for the last year. I have a Dealer that lives 1/2 mi. away from my farm that Deals in Cub Cadets, McCormicks, and TYMs. Only priced the mccormicks and new compacts from Cub w/ the Yanmar engines in them.

My dealer here in Idaho has the T353HST at $19,400 with the FEL. The geared T353 is about a 1,000 le$$.