Mr Funnel?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Are these things any good?

My SIL has gotten water in the gas in her Cub Cadet twice in the past month. First time I dumped her gas can and washed it out with fresh gas. Told her how to store it and not to buy gas from the same place. Two weeks later same thing again.:pat:

If the Mr Funnel does what the ads say it should do the trick.

Jim

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I've never used one Jim. So far (knocking on my wooden head) I have not been plagued with any water in my gas or diesel. Kinda hard to spend the money on one if I don't "need" it. But if I did need it, I wouldn't have one. I may have to change that soon.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've read they work well except the last few tablespoons of liquid won't go through the screen, even if it is good fuel. (because the screen is higher than the floor of the funnel.) So expect something of a mess.

We had a much less expensive fuel funnel for the outboard motor that had that same fine-mesh screen. Water would simply bead on it, wouldn't go through. If you expect your problem will end after this batch of fuel, I would check local boating sources to see what they have.

PBinWA

I use one of these but I don't think I've ever gotten much water in my fuel. it just makes it easier to fill my tank with less mess and if it keeps water out then that is an added bonus!

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...RL=true&storeNum=6&subdeptNum=68&classNum=219

1933225.jpg