RTV1140 Hour Meter

SilveradoBrian

Hey Everyone. We just bought a 2013 1140CPX. The hour meter stays on all the time, but when the key is turned on, the number 8111.5 displays for about half a second, then goes back to the hours. The online manual I found says nothing about it. Anybody know what that means?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
probably miles driven. my x1100C displays hours with the Key On Engine Off and miles with the Key on Engine Running.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Everyone. We just bought a 2013 1140CPX. The hour meter stays on all the time, but when the key is turned on, the number 8111.5 displays for about half a second, then goes back to the hours. The online manual I found says nothing about it. Anybody know what that means?

What does it say when the engine is running? (It may simply be a random number appearing while it's booting-up, although mine displays all 888888s during bootup when key is first turned "ON", then reads hrs. Start engine and it reads miles)

SilveradoBrian

The meter displays hours all the time, key on or off. It's only when the key is turned on that the 8111.5 shows, and only for that half second or so.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hummm. Maybe drive it a mile down the road and see if the number changes. My Roxor does the opposite. Right now it will say the # of hrs when the key is just turned and then immediately goes to miles on the screen.

SilveradoBrian

I found it. Gotta love the internets. This was on a Kubota customer care website. You have to log in to read all of it but there is sort of a preview without logging in. It reads as follows:

Solution: Hour Meter manufacturer states this is a new standard feature and normal operation. Once the meter recieves voltage (key on) it should quickly flash the 8111.4 or 8111.5 stating the program and software version codes.

Now I know! Thanks to all for the responses!

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I found it. Gotta love the internets. This was on a Kubota customer care website. You have to log in to read all of it but there is sort of a preview without logging in. It reads as follows:

Solution: Hour Meter manufacturer states this is a new standard feature and normal operation. Once the meter recieves voltage (key on) it should quickly flash the 8111.4 or 8111.5 stating the program and software version codes.

Now I know! Thanks to all for the responses!

Post a LINK to that please!