How Lazy Can I Be??

bakerg

Surprises me how cheap and lazy I can be. I needed to work up my mother's garden but with the walk behind rototiller I have, it wrecks havac on my arms and hands. I am looking for a rototiller to put behind the Massey but haven't found a cheap one yet so I made my own.

First I took a cat 1 drawbar and added a bar for the 3rd link. This will serve as a toolbar so I can add attachment easily.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The first attachment was the walk behind tiller which I welded a hook to so it can attach to the toolbar.

Hooked the tiller up to the toolbar and put a 3/4" pin in place to lock the tiller in place. Offset the tiller to cover the back wheel of the tractor.

Now I can lift the tiller, start it , engage the tiller by using some velcro strips and till away without my hands going numb from all the vibration. :D

bakerg

After using is a few times I had to go back to the drawing board as the 3"x 3/16" angle iron was not strong enough and when I hit some hard ground and the tiller started bouncing it snapped the angle iron in half. Had to get some thicker metal.

Well I went from 3/16" angle iron to 3/8" angle and it seems to be holding up so far.

bakerg

Here's a short vid I shot with my phone while sitting on the tractor last fall. Going to try and get a better video to post soon.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNYBjsTSWq4[/ame]

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
that is awesome. Good outside the box thinking!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks for sharing.