Sucked some water in

jwstewar

Staff member
My little 24D was over due for fluid changes. I was about 35 hours over due on hydraulic and oil change. I've kept the levels checked and kept topped off. So I finally got around to doing it yesterday. Other than the fact I struggled to get the hydraulic/hydro filter off (not sure which one it was as there are two, it was the big one), everything was pretty straight forward, easy. Oh, I did make a pretty good mess when I popped the drain plug on the first side of the rear axles. I had the fill plug and the level check out, so since it could get air in, it shot the oil out and clear over the drain pan into the other tire. Before I could get situated to hold the drain pan up there, I lost a bunch of oil.:pat::hide::eek: Guess I finally found a need to open that bag of oil dry I've had for 3 years.:yum:

Anyway, on to the water part. When I drained the gear reduction on both side of the front axle, it was a teeny bit milky. Not bad, just a little. So apparently it one of my many stucks, I sucked some water into both sides. Left was worse than right. There was none in the front diff when I drained it. I guess I'll have to start keeping a closer eye on the front gear reductions and maybe change it more frequently. It is just a pain to do because it is easier if you remove the tires and crank the wheels accordingly.

jwstewar

Staff member
Oh, believe me, wish that I could, wish that I could. Funny thing is, it can be dry all around so I'll go bush hog. It can be hot and dusty and then all of a sudden, I'm stuck. At least Monica doesn't get mad about it any more.:yum: