Hydraulics question

Uncle Levi

Hi guys,
The J.D. 2020 I have runs the loader hydraulics from a PTO pump. Would there be any advantage to running the loader from the regular tractor hydraulic system instead ? Thanks for any input you can give me. Mike:confused2:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Before you try it, make sure the tractor hydraulic system can handle the additional load of the loader.

Uncle Levi

You're right.....

Thanks, Mr. Ohio. That's very important to consider. But I'm not REALLY considering changing it--I just wondered if there was any advantage to running it the other way. I usually go by--"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." And it's working fine now. Just thought I'd gather some info in case I could make it better. I REALLY appreciate your input. Mike:thankyou2:

Last edited:

urednecku

I love being able to keep my bucket on--and use it-- without having to un-hook the bush-hog. I think that would be one of the main advantages, being able to use the pto and loader @ the same time. Not to mention it's a whole 'nother system to watch. But if it's working for you, then like ya said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
sure does sound like a big advantage like urednecku pointed out.
However the amount of flow for either could make a difference in how fast your FEL would operate. If it was less flow than the pto pump then your FEL would be slower to respond.