'HR 45, Blair Holt Licensing and Record Act of 2009'?

brazospete

:pat:Subject: OBAMA REGIME ALREADY GOING FOR PRIVATELY OWNED FIREARMS!

It's Started!

Here they come, ready or not. Feel the water getting warmer?

Are you ready for the House Bill titled 'HR 45, Blair Holt Licensing and Record Act of 2009'?

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d111:1:./temp/~bdLUPG:mad:@@L&summ2=m&|/bss/111search.html|

It will make it illegal to own a firearm unless it is registered with the database in Washington D.C. As a gun owner you will have to be finger printed, you will be required to provide your DL#, SS#, you must maintain a valid address at all times, submit to mental and physical health records being put on file, you will also be required to file any address changes and any ownership changes even if a private sale. Each update will cost $25 and if you fail to comply you will lose your right to own firearms. This bill and its language mirror almost completely one defeated last year in the House of Representatives by soon to be Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. Will we the citizenry be as lucky this time?

Pass this on to everyone who believes in strict Constitutionalism and remember that laws only apply to those who obey them. Criminals by definition and nature do not abide by laws. New laws and restrictions only apply to the law abiding citizen and are not written with the criminal in mind. With guns, it is not about having laws on the books to prosecute individuals, it is about taking guns away from the people so that no one has them in the first place. One last item to note, when assuming power and creating a fascist state, Hitler was a proponent of strong gun laws because a disarmed populace was much easier to control than an armed one. The kings of old also outlawed weapons of any kind in any region that they conquered to quell the ability of the citizens to up rise against them.

The Founding Fathers of this nation understood all of the above and because of this they included the second amendment in the constitution. In fact, they knew that at some point in every society's life span that the need for the population to arise came about. To this end they made the right to keep and bear arms against a tyrannical state an absolute right that could not be revoked. They did this because the first thing tyrants and despots do is to remove a population's right to defend themselves When this is done, the tyrants have no problem with the destruction of society as we know it.

Send this on to all true patriots! Protect your Second Amendment!

brazospete

36) The term `qualifying firearm'--

• `(A) means--
        • `(i) any handgun; or
        • 36) The term `qualifying firearm'--
              • `(A) means--
                • `(i) any handgun; or
                • 36) The term `qualifying firearm'--
                      • `(A) means--
                        • `(i) any handgun; or
                        • `(ii) any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device; and
                      • `(B) does not include any antique.'.
                  `(ii) any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device; and
          `(ii) any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device; and

irwin

:pat:Subject: OBAMA REGIME ALREADY GOING FOR PRIVATELY OWNED FIREARMS!

It's Started!

Here they come, ready or not. Feel the water getting warmer?

Are you ready for the House Bill titled 'HR 45, Blair Holt Licensing and Record Act of 2009'?

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d111:1:./temp/~bdLUPG:mad:@@L&summ2=m&|/bss/111search.html|

The link doesn't work for me.. I'll be very surprised if gun ownership will be successfully attacked. There'd be many fired senators and congressmen. Underground illegal gun ownership by honest people would be the norm.:soapbox:

urednecku

The link doesn't work for me.. I'll be very surprised if gun ownership will be successfully attacked. There'd be many fired senators and congressmen. Underground illegal gun ownership by honest people would be the norm.:soapbox:

As crazy as it seems, it HAS happened in many country's before, places the citizens felt it would never happen. While I pray to God it will NOT happen here, it would not overly suprise me. Too many people have the attitude that "it will never happen here" and sit on their back-sides and expect other people to fight the fight for them. It will take an extreamly high percentage of gun-owners taking action to stop this bunch that "the majority of AMERICANS" has elected into office.

rj's barn

We all know where this is headed. 1. firearm liscensing 2. firearm registration 3. martial law 4. disarmament 5. dictatorship. George Washington noted that government is in and of itself evil. But a necessary evil. If you give evil an inch, it will become your ruler.

PBinWA

As crazy as it seems, it HAS happened in many country's before, places the citizens felt it would never happen. While I pray to God it will NOT happen here, it would not overly suprise me. Too many people have the attitude that "it will never happen here" and sit on their back-sides and expect other people to fight the fight for them. It will take an extreamly high percentage of gun-owners taking action to stop this bunch that "the majority of AMERICANS" has elected into office.

Just look to Canada. In the 70's guns were as available as in the US. Today you have to have a special license and be screened by the Police. You aren't allowed to transport your guns without a specific noted location (hunting, shooting range). They want to ban handguns up there soon too.

It can happen and complacency is not the answer.

brazospete

You mean like Prohibition and The War on Drugs?

irwin

You mean like Prohibition and The War on Drugs?
Yes I do, idiotic laws are often ignored.

Here's a better link

Thanks for the link OhioTC18:)

The guns under the qualifying heading are: handguns, semi-automatic rifles that use a clip..not including antiques.

Sounds like a real unacceptable first step (or is it the fifth step?). Hope it doesn't pass..would create criminals out of honest, lawabiding citizens that don't believe their collection should be included in anyone's database.

Letters to our congressmen/women is our responsibility. Time will tell. It's possible my belief that the many gun owners in government will stop the bill is naive...I hope not. People in power sometimes develope the desire to catalog people and peoples activities.

Funny you mention the (useless) War on Drugs..anyone want to build more prisons? the fact that drugs are illegal is the number one reason people go to jail (possession, sale of, maufacturing)...legalize drugs and collect taxes, it ends most of the big drug crimes, there will still be crime related to drug abuse..but erasing the most costly (for law enforcement) drug related crimes we have more resources to get the idiots that get violent.. Don't get me wrong drug abuse is bad, but so is obsessive gambling, and alcoholism.
Treatment is available outside of government responsibility. Look at the money spent (our money) by our government chasing people that would have to get a real job if it was decriminalized. Look at Prohibition.:shock: Most of alcohol related crime vanished..oh there was still some, but not the big stuff.