RTV 1140X Keeps Blowing Solenoid Fuse

ggerline

I have a 2018 RTV 1140X and the machine keeps blowing a 30 amp fuse which is labeled "Solenoid" on the fuse box. I have been reading through numerous posts on here without much luck in a resolution. Could the solenoid itself cause this to happen?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Is the wire that plugs into the solenoid touching anything and possibly shorting out - in case it has a bare spot touching metal? If you have one of those little probe testers with a light, you might could unplug the solenoid and use it to see if the plug allows the tester to light up without blowing the fuse when power goes to it. ( I don't have a multitester so just use this light up kind to test my things.) I use the process of elimination many times to help with problems- it's slower but works. I'm thinking if the plug alone works when power is applied then it should be the solenoid as a culprit.

ggerline

My issue started out the other day when it was running and all of a sudden just died (like someone turned the key off). I tried to restart it and all it would do is turn over, it wouldn't fire. Checked the fuses, and the Solenoid fuse was blown. Replaced it and let it idle. About 4 mins later it died again. Fuse blown. Replaced and started it again, only lasted 10 seconds that time.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
your stop solenoid or fuel cut off solenoid is malfunctioning or there is a short in the wire leading to it. try turning the key on without starting the engine and see if the fuse blows immediately or after a few min. you should hear or see the solenoid click.

ggerline

I can turn the key on and hear the click, and the fuse does not blow, only while it's running it will blow the fuse