Cute and Patriotic Chicken

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Ohhh ! I'm sorry ya'll. I meant to put this under the " Talk About Anything " thread . I know it doesn't belong in the main stream .

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Did anyone else notice the chicken kept pecking the same couple of keys? I suspect the instrument was programmed to play the tune regardless of what key was pecked. (I imaging the keys had a light in them that lit up when the chicken was supposed to peck it.)

People are easily fooled,.... especially when it comes to patriotism.... heh?

:bsflag2:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Not fooled but very fun to watch.
It was probably about 1968 when I saw a similar thing in person. We took a little vacation to Hot Springs ,Ark and they had trained animals there at one place called the IQ Zoo. I loved chickens (and still do) so off went we went to see what we could.. And there was a chicken with a little miniature grand toy wooden piano on display- the chicken was performing it's trained act on it. As I watched this..long before computers or electric pianos .. the chicken pecked each key to sound out "shave and a haircut six bits" . Food would be dispensed each time the chicken performed it correctly . The food was not on the keys but came out of a dispenser thing. I will never forget this.
I think the notes of the patriotic chicken were programed to the proper tune as it was a complicated song but the chicken was smart and did a good job making me smile. link to some of IQ zoo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnYggYH_0DQ

you can see the red lights as an indicator to peck but isn't it still amazing ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsu0T0ZpQx4

Last edited:

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Just being ornery I guess... but the plain truth is …FACT: chickens operate with a Reptilian Brain.

It's one of the evidences of descent from reptiles/dinosaurs. Their only thinking capability regards food and defense.

I recall as a youngster on the way to Boy Scout camp stopping at Aquarena Springs in San Marcos, where they had a "dancing chicken" in a booth if you put a dime in the slot.

The display was later removed and they were fined as the result of lawsuit... the chicken-wire floor of the cage appeared to be designed to allow the poop to fall thru... but the dime electrified the grid and caused the chicken to frantically attempt to avoid the electrical shocks.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Just being ornery I guess... but the plain truth is …FACT: chickens operate with a Reptilian Brain.

It's one of the evidences of descent from reptiles/dinosaurs. Their only thinking capability regards food and defense.

I recall as a youngster on the way to Boy Scout camp stopping at Aquarena Springs in San Marcos, where they had a "dancing chicken" in a booth if you put a dime in the slot.

The display was later removed and they were fined as the result of lawsuit... the chicken-wire floor of the cage appeared to be designed to allow the poop to fall thru... but the dime electrified the grid and caused the chicken to frantically attempt to avoid the electrical shocks.

i strongly disagree!!! chickens are "BIRD BRAINS":myopinion:

and smarter than most people i think.:boom: