Rtv 900 slow travel

Cfitz

Can anyone tell me how the drive motor is connect to the drive shaft? I am not with the machine or my WSM right now. Is it possible it is slipping on the shaft or it it splined like the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the drive shaft is splined and can be accesses by taking one if the axle brake and bearing assy off.

Cfitz

I guess I back to square one charge pressure holds always and I think I would be seeing some metal in the oil if it was slipping somehow.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I guess I back to square one charge pressure holds always and I think I would be seeing some metal in the oil if it was slipping somehow.

since you have it in your hands have you checked the individual pistons on the pumps for scoring?

Cfitz

I have not looked at them very closely I will take a good look at all of them tonight or in the morning depending on when I get home.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
might as well that way you can rule them out before you reassemble. are you going to replace the plates? i know leakage there can cause your symptoms? next would be to put it on the road with the gauges attached and see if the pressure drops when the symptom appears.

Cfitz

On the road the charge pressure holds and the high pressure drops soon after taking off. I will get plates but I want to check everything else so I can order all the parts at once.

Cfitz

I don’t I just bought it 2 weeks ago and the previous owner couldn’t figure it out and he got it in package deal with a bunch of equipment.

Cfitz

When I get my parts I will let you know if it’s fixed. I really appreciate all your time and info.