Boss Snowplow Shoes

Harley

I have a RTV 1100c with a Boss XT plow from Kubota dealer here in NH
The machine works great and does what I expected from Kubota. However the plow shoes are junk. First of all, the reason you need plow shoes is that you are plowing a dirt, gravel or stone driveway or area. The truncated cone design of the Kubota shoes simply doesn’t have the surface area to support the heavy plow and just digs long ruts in the driveway. I have tried to look for other shoes only to find that each manufacturer has a different shaft size for the shoe....duh ...go figure. Has anyone had this issue, and what was your fix. I have thought of having some broad “skis:” welded to the shoes ....but this is a bandaid.
Any help here?

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I have never used shoes on my XT as I had the same problem with the shoes on my 9 foot Fisher plow on my F-350. Shoes on dirt just don't work. Its best just to keep the plow up and be ready to move it up if needed. I plow my 1 mile dirt driveway and have for 21 years. I did find that the Boss XT is too heavy for bumper system on my X900. MB Tractor even said that they have seen a number of broken bumpers with the X series Kubotas and the V-plow. It is an incredibly good plow and the RTV is really amazing machine. I've got 6,000+ miles on mine since I purchased it in January 2015. Good luck.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I bought the big cast plow shoes they sell at tractor supply, cut them down a bit so they would clear the blade, drilled a larger hole in the mount and they have worked great! I have the plow raised up about 1.5” and I never push gravel. The oem shoes seemed to actually dig into the gravel pulling the blade down.
I can post a picture if you would like