Presidential Citation award

Bindian

Last night I received the Texas State Rifle Association Presidential Citation award for testiflying on a bill to allow Concealed Handgun License holders to leave their licensed hand gun in their locked vehicles while in the company's employee parking lot. First photo is of my friend and shooting buddy, Xen, with me and the TSRA flag. The second photo is of me receiving the award and the third photo is a close up of the award.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 3-1-08 Xen and I @ TSRA Banquet resized.jpg
    3-1-08 Xen and I @ TSRA Banquet resized.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 3-1-08 Brandi getting TSRA Presidential Citation award resized.jpg
    3-1-08 Brandi getting TSRA Presidential Citation award resized.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 3-1-08 TSRA Presidential Citation award.jpg
    3-1-08 TSRA Presidential Citation award.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 165

Bindian

Thanks Mark, Jim, and Dennis.:tiphat:
Like I told TSRA's lobbyist Alice Tripp........"I really didn't deserve an award for what I did".:pat: But hey, they gave it to me and I wasn't going to turn it and three free meals down!
hugs, Brandi

irwin

What is the argument against leaving a legal gun hidden in the legal gun owners locked car?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, we have a celebrity's amongst us. Cool.
Congrats Brandi. A worthwhile cause for sure.
Rep points for you. :thumb:
I'm proud to have you as an active member here on NTT. :D

Bindian

What is the argument against leaving a legal gun hidden in the legal gun owners locked car?
Tim,
Most major companies have policies that they can search your vehicle on their property at any time. If they find something banned by their policies, they can fire you. Weyerhaeuser in Oklahoma conducted a search on Oct. 1, 2002 of employees cars and fired 12 employees for having firearms in their cars on company property. http://www.galleryofguns.com/shootingtimes/articles/DisplayArticles.asp?ID=6435
Since then, Texas gun rights activists have been making steady headway in getting a bill made into law. Southwest Airlines has an agreement with employees with CHLs to sign a letter stating they will not show their firearms on company property and the letter is on file on with the VP of MX. and the Cheif Officer of Security. No one else has to know you are carrying, which is the way it is suppose to be. A few business associations and oil companies are against it. I was asked to testifly since I drive across Houston at night to work and leave my CHL carry piece in a locked vault in my truck while working in a TSA security zone, an airline's hangar. TSRA's lobbyist and the NRA's lobbyist called me their poster child for this bill. The bill made it further last session with my testimony then the one before. We hope to have it make it out of committee next year (Texas legislature meets every other year) for a vote.
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

Wow, we have a celebrity's amongst us. Cool.
Congrats Brandi. A worthwhile cause for sure.
Rep points for you. :thumb:
I'm proud to have you as an active member here on NTT. :D
Thanks Doc!:wave:
I like being here.
hugs, Branid

N

Nicahawk

Last night I received the Texas State Rifle Association Presidential Citation award for testiflying on a bill to allow Concealed Handgun License holders to leave their licensed hand gun in their locked vehicles while in the company's employee parking lot. First photo is of my friend and shooting buddy, Xen, with me and the TSRA flag. The second photo is of me receiving the award and the third photo is a close up of the award.
hugs, Brandi
Brandi, that is quite an honor. :respect: Agreeing with what Doc said about being proud to have you, I think we all are lucky to have you here and I'm always anxious to read your input and sharing posts with you.

Way to go!!!
icon14.gif

Bindian

Brandi, that is quite an honor. :respect: Agreeing with what Doc said about being proud to have you, I think we all are lucky to have you here and I'm always anxious to read your input and sharing posts with you.

Way to go!!!
icon14.gif
Nicahawk,:wave:
Wow!:pat: Cool.:cool: Thanks!:tiphat:
hugs, Brandi