Homemade articulating blade

Jake W

I built this blade in order to keep the snow cleared in the winter, and also some landscaping in the summer.

Attachments

• 0DSC_1220.JPG
    0DSC_1220.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 454
  • 3DSC_1222.JPG
    3DSC_1222.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 436

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very cool. Good job. That would sure work better than the one I've been making due with. Heck I have to get out of the seat to readjust the blade angle. :pat:
Nice work Jake! :tiphat:
And thanks for sharing! :thumb:

Jake W

Thanks Gentlemen,
My boys have both tried it in the snow and they enjoyed using it.
I have also tried the blade in the dirt a few weeks ago and was able to do some decent work with it, the tractor is a little llight however and could use fluid in the tires.

Mith

That looks real nice. Are you using the loader joystick to control it? Is the blade itself homemade, or did you convert one already made?

Jake W

I don;t have a FEL for this tractor so I had to built my own valve attachment to control the blade.
The blade was built by myself from scratch, i had to build a cup holder for it as well.

Attachments

• 1DSC_1219.JPG
    1DSC_1219.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 418

Jake W

I went out and tried the blade in the little snow we had and ended up using the 1940's rear blower more than the blade. It worked quite well but will be underpowered in the bigger dumps of snow, I'm thinking low gear will take care of that however.

Attachments

• webDSC_1327.JPG
    webDSC_1327.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 408