Hydraulic Quick Couplers

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have now replaced the gaskets in my hydraulic quick couplers now 4 times in the last year but yet two weeks after I replace them they are leaking. I don't want to use the New Holland ones. I think someone once mentioned a good brand to buy. Any suggestions.

murph

B

bczoom

Murph,

Do what I do... Let them leak. Mine have been leaking for about 7-8 years. A piece of cardboard underneath takes care of everything. I don't know if you'll get past a couple years with any quick-connect couplers before they start leaking again. I just accept it as a fact of life.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Murph,

Do what I do... Let them leak. Mine have been leaking for about 7-8 years. A piece of cardboard underneath takes care of everything. I don't know if you'll get past a couple years with any quick-connect couplers before they start leaking again. I just accept it as a fact of life.

That was my strategy with my old Triumph Motorcycle. It marked every spot it was ever parked in.

Tim J

ARE you ready? Quik disconnects run up and beyond a100.00bill. Your tractor hyd p.s.i. is 2000 The hardware store sells 3000psi quik disconnects for their pressure washers at @25.00 aset. I haven't run anythiong else in years. 1000psi stronger same orifice if you shop and mine last an average 6/7yrs. It's a thought but they don,t want you to know. Worked in hyd shop for 10 yrs Good luck Tim J

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
That's a great idea to use pressure washer couplers.

I recently bought a third 30 year old Yanmar. The loader couplers dribbled and there was oil everywhere. I put in orings from a Harbor Freight assortment kit but they still leaked a little. Thinking the HF rings didn't meet spec, I bought new orings at the Parker Hydraulics store. No improvement.

So I bought a set of four Parker clone couplings from hoseandfittingsupply off Ebay. $38, delivered, total. These work flawless.

P1740322rHydCouplings.jpg