Newbie Need Info..

Mark.Sibole

Good news.Cold tennessee mornings???lol Your always in a heat wave.Come on up to Michigan and you will see cold or go see Kanook up in Canada lol.The hand throttle is a great addition.I use mine while plowing it keeps the pump ar the right setting so you dont loost that power when needed.Remember this is strictly a work Machine and hell kids can outrun it most times but you cant beat it for being the little mini tank it is. Good luck and most of all keep safe on it..Mark

Mark.Sibole

PS if you are mechanically inclined and a general tight ass like me most of the small additions can be made at home.Like the hand throttle on mine is from a toro lawn mower throttle setup.JUst had to make a few mreackes and strategically place them to mount everything.Total cost for a hand throttle for me was $8.99 plus sales tax and about an hour of my time.When in doubt ask here.Most of us long timers know so many tricks to save money its unreal.Miss Bordercollie has giving us so many tips and tricks for things like her Over head consol design (yes I made one for my Kubota too).Safe money ask and make it your self.........

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The only time I don't like is when we are trying to heard cattle. Hate being out run by a calf!
:yum:

Yep, hard to outrun just about anything in these RTVs but they just keep going. :17875:

When I first got my RTV, all my friends were driving ATV's. Many have since switched to UTV's. I could never keep up but we agreed on a destination. I'd eventually get there and of course, they waited... since I have all the coolers, chairs and such in my machine.

Moejoe

Thanks for the advice and you are correct. Compared to where you are we don't get as cold. Have a blessed day.

Mark.Sibole

Let them run circles around zoomie but when they are stuck im sure they will beg you to pull them out on your slow Kubota....

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Let them run circles around zoomie but when they are stuck im sure they will beg you to pull them out on your slow Kubota....
Yep. I've pulled out more than one.

And then I got the RTV stuck once. :hide: They tied 3 ATV's to the front of the RTV to pull it out. Their ATV's just sat there and spun tires.

Eventually, we had to get/use a tracked skidsteer to pull me out.

Moejoe

Just did the 50 hr service. I ended up changing the hydrstat oil and both filters along with the engine oil and filter. Kinda got a surprise when I had to add oil to the hydraulic tank under the seat.

Moejoe

Just did the 50hr service. I ended up changing not only the tranny filters but also the hst oil. Also did the engine oil and filter. I filled the hst to the full mark on the dip stick under the bed. Started the RTV. And noticed that it did not pull correct. Called dealer and he told me to check oil level under the seat. Sure enough it was low. I have just bought another gallon of oil to top it off. Either I missed something or the manual didn't say anything about this step. Apparently when I drained the tranny oil it affected the level in the tank under the seat.