What did you do today with your RTV?

TRIBUTE100

@ Two Guns - I thought I better get all this done before the new wore off. You guys on this blog have given me all kinds of ideas. I need to cut some trails through the woods so I can do some 4 wheelin' here at my place in Western NC. Now I'm kind of envious of you guys that have better terrain to ride on. We got some trails around here you can go 4 wheeling on but you have to be 50" wide or less.
Have you seen any "Squatch" down your way ?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In the last few days I've done the following to the 2010 RTV 900 that I just bought. It just turned 50 hours so I changed all the filters, changed the engine oil to Rotella full synthetic 5w-40. Checked tire pressure and lug torque. Tightened the throttle cable so the engine speeds up just before the tranny engages. Drained the fuel tank and changed the fuel filter (Suggest removing plastic panel for easier access). Got fresh diesel and added PS Diesel Kleene +Cetane Boost and Sea Foam. Installed Seizmik rear view, side view mirrors, and Velcro handle, installed 2-50watt halogen lights, front and back, just under roof canopy, float charger on battery, 3000# winch on front. Screwed a tough flexible plastic piece on dashboard panel at ignition switch to prevent knee from hitting key. I had cleaned the spark arrestor but then decided to remove it. Took off the tailpipe and used a Dremel tool to cut it off at the welds so I can re-install it later if necessary. Used anti-seize on the tailpipe screw threads. Now that made a difference in power from a standing start. Installed some 5/16" quick (chain) links on the passenger seat belt anchors so I can clip in a car seat for my 2 year old grandson. He loves it. My 9 year old granddaughter also loves it and I've let her drive it with me next to her. Would like to get a hood rack, but I'm not going to pay $300. Thinking about adding some sound insulation under the dump bed and engine compartment. That's all for now.
So, what did you do after lunch? :yum:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
TRIBUTE100;103975. Have you seen any "Squatch" down your way ?[/QUOTE said:
No, think the gators done eat 'em all !!!! :whistling:

......... two guns

Attachments

• DARTH VADER FIGHTING SMILEY.gif
    DARTH VADER FIGHTING SMILEY.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 264

TRIBUTE100

@ Two Guns
The gators may get the squatch down there, but there's a guy just west of me that seeing them and video taping (also FLIR) them in the western part of the Great Smoky Mtn National Park on the Tennessee side. He's pretty much convinced me they are there. Check out his webpage:
http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com/

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
@ Two Guns
there's a guy just west of me that seeing them and video taping (also FLIR) them in the western part of the Great Smoky Mtn National Park on the Tennessee side. He's pretty much convinced me they are there. Check out his webpage:
http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com/

On the video tape, on time section 8:33, that looks like a coyote, fox, or dog.
But everything else, I can't tell anything. Nothing. It might be just me.

We have things in these swamps down here, that it's best not to even know what is out there.

.............. two guns

Attachments

• Two Guns Swamps.jpg
    Two Guns Swamps.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 267

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Did something new with the RTV yesterday. Took the wife for a ride and stopped under 2 of our big hickory trees and picked nuts. They are starting to drop since we had frost and more is called for tonight. The trees are loaded this year as are the apple trees. Makes me think we are in for a long winter. We got this many just standing in the bed of the RTV and moving a few times. Got to race the squirrels for the ones on the ground. She wants me to take the backhoe and raise her up to get more.

Attachments

• nuts and parts 003.jpg
    nuts and parts 003.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 245
  • nuts and parts 004.jpg
    nuts and parts 004.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 241

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
This Past weekend. Worked the snot out of the RTV.

Both days, all day long,
used it dragging a heavy steel harrow over food plots.

................. two guns

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
. She wants me to take the backhoe and raise her up to get more.

Now muley, keep a steady hand on the levers of the backhoe. Can't find another lady like that!. I thought about "accidentally" dropping the bil the other day when I had him up in the skid steer bucket...., but no, can't find another that good so will keep him , cuss fits and all... ;) bordercollie

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Actually, I think she squeals and fusses more when I make her raise me up in the bucket. She does OK in the skid steer but is hard on the yard.:hammer:

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Will have a new use for the RTV today. They are delivering the new dryer since they did not have one in stock when I picked up the washer. Will have them set it in the Kubota till i finish the raised platform for them to sit on. Dang front loaders make a lot of work for me. Old dryer was working perfectly well but it is a woman thing where they have to match.....:angry3:

xtruckerbob

Today like every day we rode around the farm went down to the lake and fed the animals. Today we picked pumpkins eggplant squash and peppers then delivered them to all our friends. Then we started back cleaning off the back fence. The RTV hauls all the tools - and pulls off all the trees and branches.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
WELCOME
xtruckerbob !!!!

It's great to see you come on the site. I seen Crowville, LOUISIANA and thought,
" Yep, this is going to be a good one " :wink:

Step in and join the family !!!!!

Anything we can help with, please just let us know. We all try hard to make things in life smoother.

And we LOVE pictures !!!!

............ two guns

Attachments

• Mercat.jpg
    Mercat.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 162

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Used the RTV to haul my rather large body around for supervising installation of a pipeline. I'm having a reenactment of achilles tendinitis that is rather painful. Putting in some branch piping to install Plasson valves along two cross fences. This will better enable strip grazing in four paddocks. Thank goodness for friends. A friend from work and my youngest son did most of the work while I guided the trencher operator and fetched fittings/tools that I forgot.

Still have to tie the two branches into the original pipe system, leak check, then fill in the trench. Maybe today, I can stand the pain.

Monday, it's back to Two Guns favorite place, THE DOCTOR. She is an attractive young lady doctor!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
HUNT, started raining close to the end.

Jumped back in RTV and headed in. Talking about slick !!!!

You put the RTV in 4WD, LOW, DIFF. LOCK, and just creep down them slick steep hills in Mississippi .....

Go down one, up on another ..... I would have been something if I have one of these RTV years ago....

......... two guns

Attachments

• Hill 1.jpg
    Hill 1.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 125

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Hauled both my battery chargers from the barn to the mini motorhome. Think I got a crap battery this spring. Then hauled some new complete exterior doors around to their positions. Them suckers are heavy but the new frames are all composite so no painting required.

xtruckerbob

Yesterday Susan and I cut down 40 or so Chinaberry trees then used the RTV to pull them 500 yards to our burn pile. Most were 8 to 14 inches and maybe 30 feet tall. Our RTV never seems to let us down the harder we work it the harder it works. Then used her 2670 to load the sticks and leaves so the RTV she could haul it off

Last edited: