anchor

anchor

Looking to buy a new RtV x1100c in the near future,and have been reading all of the posts on this site,what a great site to learn from. I'm on my second Polaris and they just don't last,best i can get out of them is 3-4 years and their wore out.I"m on a ranch and use them everyday year round,so that's why after looking at the RTV's and reading what all of you have to say about them,I have decided to go with the X1100c.
I see on the older models their is a removable spark arrestor that you can take out and clean. On the 2014,the only thing they have is bolt at the rear of the muffler you take out,then run the RTV around to blow all the grud out. Just wondering if any one is aware of this and if it does a good enough job of cleaning it out.

King

There has been a bit of discussion about it and so far it really hasn't caused a problem that I know of. But in a few of our opinions its probably not as good as the old style where you could clean it or modify the screen. I had a ranger xp 900 and a Kubota 1100 for the ranch after a bunch of problems I sold the ranger lost a lot of money on that thing

anchor

The dealer said the 2014's have not been out there long enough to tell if there is any problems, I guess time will tell. Thank you

628pm

Site Supporter
I have a 2014 kubota rtv X900. Have around 60 hours on the vehicle. I took the bolt out of my muffler the other day and ran it for 5-10 miles. I could be dreaming but my wife and myself thinks it runs better now. (Seems like it is a little better performance) I think I will take mine out every 50 miles or so. It is only a minute or 2 task that I believes helps.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Anchor!

I think I will take mine out every 50 miles or so. It is only a minute or 2 task that I believes helps.
What would happen if you left that bolt out? Maybe stick a threaded elbow in there and a piece of pipe out of that pointing out the rear and let it breathe with the blowout pointing out the rear of the RTV.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Anchor, what's your elevation where you live? RTV's lose power the higher you go.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That won't be a problem. I hear people start noticing the loss at 7-8K and up from there.