Home Made High Rise Air Intake RTV 900

TRIBUTE100

The other day I removed my air filter (K&N Outer Filter), blew it out, and decided I needed to get my intake higher than the stock setup. Here is a breakdown of the parts that I used. In the first picture is the lower assembly, starting with the curved factory hose attached to the intake on the air filter canister and the parts are listed beginning with that hose:

2" OD x 2 1/8" ID exhaust pipe adapter $3.50
2" PVC Street Elbow $2.27
2" OD x 2" OD exhaust pipe adapter $3.50
2" ID Flexible Exhaust Pipe(6' pc) $28.00

Second picture:

2" ID Flex pipe (used 4')
2" OD x 2" OD exhaust pipe adapter $3.50
2" PVC Street Elbow $2.27
2" PVC pipe (not cut)
2" PVC elbow
2- 2" screw pipe clamps

The items not priced were in my home stock. I used Flexfix tape for class 1 duct to attach and seal all connections. The 2" OD x 2 1/8 ID adapter slipped over the factory hose and note that I cut off 1/2" the smaller end of that adapter. The other adapters fit inside the flex pipe and I used screw clamps at those connections after taping. The metal adapters fit snugly in the PVC fittings and the tape creates a tight seal. The 2" flexible exhaust pipe just fit between the ROPS and the bed without pinching. I used PVC cement to attached the top PVC street elbow to about 13" of 2" PVC pipe.

Cable ties were used generously to secure the pipe and at the very end of the intake I decided to use at PVC "T", instead of a 90 degree elbow, wrapped with fiberglas furnace filter material to keep any flying critters out. Overall, I had a little less than $50 in material, not counting what I had in home stock, plus time and gas to pick up material, and about 1-1/2 hours of labor.

The remaining pictures are the final results. I started up the engine and it seems to run fine.

Attachments

• 2014-08-20 KUBOTA HIGH RISE AIR FILTER 8.20.14 001.jpg
    2014-08-20 KUBOTA HIGH RISE AIR FILTER 8.20.14 001.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 290
  • 2014-08-20 KUBOTA HIGH RISE AIR FILTER 8.20.14 002.jpg
    2014-08-20 KUBOTA HIGH RISE AIR FILTER 8.20.14 002.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 2014-08-20 KUBOTA HIGH RISE AIR FILTER 8.20.14 003.jpg
    2014-08-20 KUBOTA HIGH RISE AIR FILTER 8.20.14 003.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 2014-08-20 KUBOTA HIGH RISE AIR FILTER 8.20.14 005.jpg
    2014-08-20 KUBOTA HIGH RISE AIR FILTER 8.20.14 005.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 2014-08-20 KUBOTA HIGH RISE AIR FILTER 8.20.14 004.jpg
    2014-08-20 KUBOTA HIGH RISE AIR FILTER 8.20.14 004.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 282

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Looks PERFECTLY functional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll be amazed at the runtime between filter cleanings now!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Uh oh, I miss figured - it has been 3 years! At any rate you will save a bucket of money with the air in take higher like that. They just don't suck in the dust up there like the older design .I encourage anyone with interest to try it. :tiphat: collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The kids are going to be pissed come Christmas.

You sucked the Grinch into your intake on top. :)

TRIBUTE100

Would it be an overkill to add a K & N filter to the top opening on my newly fabricated high rise intake in addition to both filters in the stock filter assembly (One is also a K & N, E-4552) down below ? Right now I have some fiberglass filter material over the opening.

I've got one that will fit over the end of the 2" PVC pipe just underneath the roof with no enclosure box. Would that create too much resistance and degrade engine performance ?

Thanks for any opinions.

Mark.Sibole

I think it would restrict the airflow a bit to much IMO.Also the flying critter trap isnt much needed also.I had one on mine but removed it.Figured if they got sucked in they would go right to the filter anyways and its easy to remove the filter to get rid of them.In the year I had it on i never did catch any flying critters while going down the road or through the woods.

Mark.Sibole

finmally found it .I post way to much stuff here lol
IMGP0541.jpg

and
IMGP0542.jpg

and
IMGP0544.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mark - if you're looking for an old picture you put on the forum, here's a way that may make it faster to find.

In the tools in the gray toolbar on the top of every page.
Left side, click on "User CP".
On the options on left side, last one is "Attachments". Click on that.

It lists all the pictures you've attached and what thread they're in with the most recent listed first.
If your picture is in a thread with a relevant thread title, it's pretty easy to find.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Collie Thanks that was for the consol i was looking for the post of my highrise.

Great information Zoom and thanks for posting it . Mark, Sorry about that.. been working long days and I had a brain splat.. ( they happen more and more it seems. ) :idea: collie