About ready for Winter

628pm

Site Supporter
Finished installing my cab on my 2014 kubota X900 the other day. Ordered my Boss V Plow from Joe Jr at Red's Garage in New York on Friday. So I am now waiting for the V Plow to be shipped and will install as soon as it arrives. Will send pictures as soon as I install the Plow.

As many have stated it would of been better to order all at once, but I wanted to pay as I go. If I had to do it over again, it would be all at the same time.

Bottom line though it will be a little nicer pushing snow this winter.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Except for having firewood ready, I'm not ready for winter. :(

The RTV doesn't get anything special but need to put the blade on the tractor.

Lawn furniture, clear gutters of leaves, store equipment, winterize engines... all needs to occur.

Mark.Sibole

Im never ready for winter! Im a bit behind right now.Havnt been feeling the best and blew out my left knee so its hard to get around.Still need to get summer furnature put away cover camper and get more than 1 day of deer hunting in.
Machine is good to go.Plow can be put on at will.Fluids all changed.NO cab Cabs are for wimps lol.
Im just going day by day right now.
Daytime hign mid 40s night time lows mid to lower 30s in Michigan.Could snow any time now.New Central boiler working well keeping house a comphy 72 degrees in all rooms.Will be nice to have even heat for a change and not have to run the eden pure heater.
Stay warm and safe my friends.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Started yesterday opening areas into the woods to push snow. Last year we had a lot of snow before I bought the 900 and I fought finding places to push it. I now have a lot of run out room.

The good news, now That I'm ready, we'll probably have a normal winter with much less snow.

BTW, It's nice to be able to throw a chain around an 8-10' oak log and just pull it where you want it. Couldn't do that in the past with my ATV's, gotta love the 900 RTV.

Last edited:

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
My RTV does not see much use in the winter time. I do need to replace the 11 pin connector on my plow and pickup and I will be ready for winter. Just fixed the window in it last week. The road salt took out the metal channel for the rollers after 17 years. Damn plugs and harness will be $250!!:hammer:

628pm

Site Supporter
Pictures of Cab for 2014 RTV X900

Tom B,

Here are some pictures of the cab you receive if you don't order it with the vehicle.

Attachments

• cab1a.jpg
    cab1a.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 221
  • cab2a.jpg
    cab2a.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 220
  • cab3a.jpg
    cab3a.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 222
  • cab4a.jpg
    cab4a.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 221
  • cab5a.jpg
    cab5a.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 221
  • cab8a.jpg
    cab8a.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 220
  • cab9a.jpg
    cab9a.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 219
  • cab10a.jpg
    cab10a.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 218

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Really nice looking cab. I can see where I would put a few knots on my head due to the pneumatic cylinder location!

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
nice looking set up. that should keep you dry and comfortable in the winter.

Tom B

Looks great..... Kubota should buy those pictures from you. They are better than any I could find from them.

628pm

Site Supporter
Was at my dealer on Monday they told me the cab I received would be the cab you would get if purchased when ordering new. They said the x900 doesn't have a "cab" option when purchasing. You can get the Curtis cab as a aftermarket option. That is what I have.

King

That is one nice looking set up. I wonder if that is a better way to go than ordering the 1100 with a cab. I bet it would end up costing more in the long run and no air conditioning would be the only other thing. It sure looks well built.

628pm

Site Supporter
I believe it is a toss up, the 1100's have more features, I just didn't want to spend that much. The cab is very heavy duty, the doors will come off in the summer. I do however like the roll down windows on the 1100 series. The guys who have shown their 1100's have some great looking vehicles, but I am happy with mine.

OrangeBuggy

That's a good looking cab. Like your pup we have a wiener dog along with a gray towel that thinks the passenger side belongs to her also.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
I start drooling everytime I see your setup. I had the Curtis Cab on my 2008 900 and was overall pleased with how well it was built and all the benefits it gives for winter use.

Nice mirrors.

And of course the Boss is there so no alarm system needed.

Very nice.

does this cab seal up well??? been thinking about it but $1600 for 2 doors and 600 for the rear window jst makes me sick at what they charge

628pm

Site Supporter
It seems fine to me. I see a couple of little gaps by the front of each door, nothing a little weather stripping will not seal. Also mine came with a piece you put in the front compartment to seal most of the air that comes through the front grill. (not all, but most). The OEM heater that I bought works pretty good also. It comes with 2 defroster vents and 1 vent to go into the cab. That vent is situated beneath the instrument panel.