Ranger vs Mule vs RTV

julians4x4

New to the site.... Alot of help full information. I have owned a Kubota Tractor (with out a problem) For 2 1/2 years. I was on the market for a new utility vehicle and had it down to the Polaris Ranger700 Camo 4x4, Kawasaki Mule 3010 4x4Diesel, and the KubotaRTV 900 Camo.</P>

After testing all three units And reading the reviews let by alot of you i came to thisconclusion. The Ranger is a nice powerful unit that has plenty of power and ground clearance, but It is not built the way a work horse sould be built. Being that I already own a Yamaha Rhino 660 I did not opt for another sport/utility. The Kawasaki Run and looks good but i felt that itdid not have good suspension (Very bumpy).</P>

The Kubota Is builtLike a Tractor Yet comfortable.I was not sure if i was ready to invest $12000on a vehicle that has gotten some bad reviews reguarding,Lack of Power, Hard Shifting, Gauges not working,ect....</P>

My Rhino is nice but it is not a good work horse. </P>

SoI went ahead and went for it. Ihopeall the bugs are worked out. Big selling point were, power steering, hyd. bedlift, camo, Cargo load, Warranty and the people on this site that had good reviews despite the problems with thier RTV's. I hope this info will help someone with their choice. </P>

Thank Again. Julian</P>

</P>

G

I am sure you will be happy with your purchase. I think that you'll find that the complaints that most people have with the RTV are really rather minor improvments that could be made and things that are picked up on after hours in the seat. By and large, you'd be pretty hard pressed to find someone who would recomend against an RTV, especialy if you already have a 4-wheeler.

jagerwolf

Great choice given the candidates - I haveowned 2 Mules and the challenges stated with the RTV900's are minor discomforts compared to the mechanical challenges and frequency of repair with both Mules - overall you will be very happy with your RTV900.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Julian,

Congrats on your new RTV!!!

At this point of ownership (I've had mine for almost 3 years), I think of the "complaints" not as issues per-se but more of nuances. It just takes a bit to get used to them.

Brian