Spark arrester

Chandler

I took off the spark arrestor today to check it out. My RTV has 59 hours on it and it was getting coated with soot but I could still see through the screen. I left it off but I don't like the looks ofthe tailpipewith it off. So I think I'll gut it and put it back onfor the looks ofanexhaust tip.</P>

Even if the arrestorwasn't plugged I think it will let the engine breathe a little better because of the restriction of the screen and baffles.</P>

</P>

coobie

I have a question,will leaving the spark arrestor off void your factory warrenty?Thanks for any information.coobie.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
There should be no issue with the warrantee.

Heck, the 2004 models didn't even come with one. If the owner learned of it, they got one but I'd venture to guess that most of the '04 models are still running without them.

coobie

[quote user="bczoom"]There should be no issue with the warrantee.

Heck, the 2004 models didn't even come with one. If the owner learned of it, they got one but I'd venture to guess that most of the '04 models are still running without them.
[/quote]Thanks Brian,I am going to yank mine off my 2006 this weekend.coobie

BovsRTV

<FONT size=4>Hi again to all!!! Just and update on tthe removal of our arrestor! We've done some snow plowing and running around since removing it and BOY!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE that we found to be very noticeable! It has more of a truck rumble that sounds great as well!!! We plan on taking the screen out and use the housing to mount off of it a better version of a spark arrostor that won't interfere with the engine. We were thinking of something like a soup can sized container but in a better steel that would get welded to the old arrestor housing. This wouldn't restrict it's flow so bad. We would just put it on if we happened to go onto lands that require the arrestor. Everybody get your wheels turning on this for others who may need it more than us! THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!!!! This site is DE BOMB!!!!!</FONT>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="BovsRTV"]<font size="4">We were thinking of something like a soup can sized container but in a better steel that would get welded to the old arrestor housing.</font>[/quote]
Bovs,

Not sure where all you ride, but if it's going to be in state or federal grounds, make it look as professional as possible (or re-install the OEM arrestor) for that riding. I've never noticed it on the OEM version but the USFS requires one and they're normally stamped "USFS Approved".