New Owner w/questions

tkhattabaugh

My dealer delivered my RTV today and I have a couple of questions for this group. </P>

I have the windshield and plastic top but would like a rear plexiglass window and some soft doors if they can be purchased by themselves.....anyone know a source?</P>

Also, does anyone have the heater option and is it worth the money?</P>

Thanks</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!

Wow, tough question...

OK, if you have the OEM windshield and roof, I don't know if you'll find an aftermarket kit to match to it.

I'd propose you head to a marina. (It sounds funny, but I'm not joking here...). Most marinas have a person/company that comes in to custom make their canvas. This regularly requires making tubing frames and such. With their equipment, they can probably make you a cab enclosure.

Now, I have to ask... Where do you live and what kind of cold conditions are you expecting? I ask because I personally have found that getting top-notch winter clothing works a lot better then a cab. A cab may/will cause an air vacuum/turbulence if not fully enclosed. A windshield takes care of most weather related issues but good clothing takes care of everything, whether on the RTV or not.

ScenicHill

Congratulats on your new RTV. Did you check with your Kubota Dealer? I got the soft side doors, which comes with a soft rear window. I also got the heater. All well worth the price. Good luck.</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
ScenicHill,

Do you have the plastic or metal roof? I didn't think the doors were compatable with the plastic roof.

G

The plastic windshield and roof are not compatible with the Kubota cab kits. Many dealers will allow you to trade back accessories. Otherwise, I'd look into the aftermarket canvas solutions. </P>

</P>

tkhattabaugh

Thanks for the quick replies folks. I've got the plastic top. I was mainly concerned about keeping rain out of the cab, but also keeping cold weather (Indiana) out would be nice too. I will ask my dealer about the metal top with the soft door option. He didn't explain any of the options to me other than the plastic top, glass windshield, bedliner and rear work light.