Transmission

Brenda

Hey was just wondering if anyone could help me and explain a few advantages and disadvantages of the power command transmission over the range command transmission????

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Brenda. Glad to see you signed in okay. Welcome to Net tractor talk. :tiphat: :clap:
What models are you looking at? Just in case the two have changed over the years.

I don't have a clue about the differences of those two but look forward to learning myself. Someone should be along to help soon, I hope.

JordanLawson

Power command is nothing but a full shift transmission where we are in control of gears speed and can be adjusted by pushing up downshift buttons. May be this helps.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Power command is nothing but a full shift transmission where we are in control of gears speed and can be adjusted by pushing up downshift buttons. May be this helps.

We have what I think you are referring to as
power command in our JD7420. It is an electronic shift up or down by push button on the shift lever. The shift lever has 4 gear positions A<B<C<D and we shift with the lever to get in them . On top of that lever is 1,2,3,4 positions, and that is push button. It is nice because you can do it all quickly and it will downshift automatically from say 4 to 3 if you are going too slow for that gear.
Our JD7210 has 2 sticks and shift each one separately and manually. .. Bordercollie