FIRST TRACTOR!!!

cruit15

I recently bought 12 acres, so my father-in-law and I just bought a new 3316 shuttle. Have to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive (Going to be a long 2 weeks). Oh yeah, this is my first tractor. Looking forward to learning the ins and outs.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on your new tractor ...and welcome to our internet tractor forums. :tiphat:

I was in the same boat a few years ago. You are going to love tractoring. Did you get any implements with your tractor? Guessing you'll be bush hoggin and maybe mowing with the tractor. What other chores did you have in mind?
Did you get a front end loader with the tractor? if not start looking at them and planning. They are one of the best add on's for any tractor. So useful.

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Hi Cruit15, and welcome to the site. I got my first tractor about 5 years ago, a Kubota with front loader. That was my undoing. Now I have a bush hog, hole driller, grader, and grappler. Suddenly you have a whole new world of “stuff” you can do that wasn’t available to you before tractor. (BT) I know you’re going to enjoy it! Be careful on the slopes, especially after it’s been raining. And wear the safety strap!

cruit15

Hi to all and thanks for the welcomes!!! We did buy a tractor with a FEL, a bush hog, and box blade. All of my property is wooded with a mixture of hardwoods and pines so I will have my work cut out for me once we start clearing some out to build and all. Until then I have a 1200 foot easement to take care of that cuts through to my property.

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Hi to all and thanks for the welcomes!!! We did buy a tractor with a FEL, a bush hog, and box blade. All of my property is wooded with a mixture of hardwoods and pines so I will have my work cut out for me once we start clearing some out to build and all. Until then I have a 1200 foot easement to take care of that cuts through to my property.
It's OK with us if you post some pics of your property... :wink: