hydrostat operation explained

ovrszd

Very easy read. Good stuff.

Only variation in our case is we use a gear box to get reverse. Wish it was a simple treadle design like tractors.

Lee1935

Me thinks Kubota made a huge mistake when they tied the throttle control to the transmission. A two speed is all that's needed put it low or high.

Instead someone decided they would make it like driving a car with a 3 or 4 speed auto transmission.

"complicated and doesn't work that great was the result"

ovrszd

Yeah, I can't really understand why they did it this way. With appropriate gearing and HP a BX tractor would do everything regarding mobility that the RTV will do using a simple treadle. Beats me.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Yeah, I can't really understand why they did it this way. With appropriate gearing and HP a BX tractor would do everything regarding mobility that the RTV will do using a simple treadle. Beats me.

i read somewhere that a fella converted his RTV to a treadle. it was on the pre X model though

ovrszd

There's definitely some money involved in there somewhere.

The conversion is definitely doable. It would be definitely worthy when the RTV is stuck in gear......

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
There's definitely some money involved in there somewhere.

The conversion is definitely doable. It would be definitely worthy when the RTV is stuck in gear......

it is definitely doable on the old models but i don't think the X models have the correct swash plates.