X1100C front mower with K Connect

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
my wify was at a major convention today and she called me to say"there is a huge Kubota display here". i asked her to ask the factory guys if KTC had any plans to make a front mount mower for the X1100C with K connect? she said they were thinking about it and it would be several years. BOOOO:14_6_12:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i started looking at the Bobcat 3650/Polaris Brutis with front mount attachments. WOW KTC better get it in gear if they want to keep up.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree. I would guess the front mount of the Bobcat would be good for the folks dealing with snow all winter too. It would be nice to have one thing to maintain instead of aZD28 mower and an RTV. I just have a bad taste when the polaris word is used because of past experiences with had with a 4wlr of theirs. I'd have to get a better opinion of them for that reason. I'm liking my paid for machine right now and don't want to go in debt for a while but know if I had to, I'd give them a look.Also would want to know how they treat their customers with problem machines.
I sure can't consider anything weighing more that this RTV at 2000 lbs though.. The ground is just too boggy in the last years. No matter the tires, some places, I can sink to the floor.. Strange weather patterns and such I guess but thats the way it is.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yes. i really like my Kubotas. even though i don't have a model with the K connect it would be nice to mow in the air conditioned cab of the X1100C. i don't get enough snow for anything snow related. i would like to engineer some sort of hydraulic or even a cable lift so i can lift a down cow on occasion. i think the bobcat might be overly complicated with all of it's electric over hydraulic stuff and the safety system that shuts the machine down just reaks of walking home. i really like the simplicity of the RTV drive system.especially since i learned how to adjust it for optimum factory performance. i think with larger tires i can get 30 mph on the road,that would match Bobcat 3650 road speeds.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Collie,try running those radial tires at very low PSI and see it that helps you get around on boggy ground. i guess if the task required you could carry a 12 volt air compressor and adjust accordingly.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
yes. i really like my Kubotas. even though i don't have a model with the K connect it would be nice to mow in the air conditioned cab of the X1100C. i don't get enough snow for anything snow related. i would like to engineer some sort of hydraulic or even a cable lift so i can lift a down cow on occasion. i think the bobcat might be overly complicated with all of it's electric over hydraulic stuff and the safety system that shuts the machine down just reaks of walking home. i really like the simplicity of the RTV drive system.especially since i learned how to adjust it for optimum factory performance. i think with larger tires i can get 30 mph on the road,that would match Bobcat 3650 road speeds.
Thanks Arthuritis, I may have to try that in the bottom. :tiphat:
We used to have a contraption on the tractor loader to hoist a downer cow up.Valley Vet has a thing with many web slings mounted on horizontal rungs. It looks like a big "wounded soldier" stretcher but with a huge price tag. I think one could be made and then use a bolt together A frame made like a swing set to jack the cow up .Maybe use a 12 v hoist or something manual like the chain hoists in the old days.
Back last December of '16, you might have seen the thread about calf I sought the Lord's help with. I woke up from sleeping and praying over it and knew just what to try. I used a come a long and jacked him up with that since he was so light. (Multiple times a day and then at night suspended over hay bales because of bed sores) . The physical therapy was answered the same way too . :tiphat: collie http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14843&highlight=miracle+calf December of 2016 post

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Thanks Collie. i have a munks sling for the real difficult cows,i have had it for years and some years i don't even use it but when you need it you need it. i have saved many cows with it over the years. the handy little item is a pair of hip lifts. if you have a heifer that is having a little difficulty from hard labor you can usually lift her and off she goes. yes i followed that thread when you had the calf with the splint.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Good Arthuritis, We have the hip joint lifter too-the one with the orange rings and the threaded rod to adjust. The one I would like to have is the full body so she could be left up for hours without strain on the spinal cord.
Thankfully , we don't have to use it much- maybe once every couple of years. We have eliminated the yearly occurrence by culling the old cows in the commercial herd (some 16 year olds in there still) and total AI on our registered herd.
Off subject but we had some registered cow calf pairs in a registered sale at a college last week and the way those "cow boys"thugs handled our cows was disgraceful. My bil went down to the chute and told them what he thought of it and put the remainders in himself. They were beating and shoving and poking on them ,waving papers at them- - and worst of all hotshotting them.. Terrible to treat an animal that way and bad for getting them in a chute without wilding them up . He moved the 'wanta' be cow boys out of the way, just grabbed the cow's tails, twisted and got them to do what he wanted.. no hitting, with just some guidance from a sorting stick that I make. We haven't used a hotshot in 20 or more years.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yes the Munks sling has more than paid for itself over the years. i have even used it a couple of times to move a cow from pasture to barn several miles away for better shelter and care. i hear ya on the hotshot,i hate those things

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I too would LOVE a front mount mower for my X1100C .. Ohh Oh oh ohhhh some day ....
I owned a Swisher pull behind mower for ATV at one time,, not very good quality .
Sure would like to see a RTV with a Big Bad front mower ..
LIKE THIS ONE
1619308935715.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Semper-Fi

Good Arthuritis, We have the hip joint lifter too-the one with the orange rings and the threaded rod to adjust. The one I would like to have is the full body so she could be left up for hours without strain on the spinal cord.
Thankfully , we don't have to use it much- maybe once every couple of years. We have eliminated the yearly occurrence by culling the old cows in the commercial herd (some 16 year olds in there still) and total AI on our registered herd.
Off subject but we had some registered cow calf pairs in a registered sale at a college last week and the way those "cow boys"thugs handled our cows was disgraceful. My bil went down to the chute and told them what he thought of it and put the remainders in himself. They were beating and shoving and poking on them ,waving papers at them- - and worst of all hotshotting them.. Terrible to treat an animal that way and bad for getting them in a chute without wilding them up . He moved the 'wanta' be cow boys out of the way, just grabbed the cow's tails, twisted and got them to do what he wanted.. no hitting, with just some guidance from a sorting stick that I make. We haven't used a hotshot in 20 or more years.
Not being a cowboy, Please explain the cows tail trick to direct the cows around. That sounds interesting.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
sometimes a cow that is standing firm and not motivated to move or take a step can be encouraged by just grabbing her tail. a gentle squeeze or a slight twist sometimes. it doesn't pain them but does trigger a natural response to move away from the stimulation. usually just walking up behind them in their blind spot will make them step forward. it's bovine psychology! wink

4570FAN

I bought a 45" tow-behind flail mower from Nova Tractor. I love it so far.

Attachments

• IMG_3189_750x.jpg
    IMG_3189_750x.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 11

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
sometimes a cow that is standing firm and not motivated to move or take a step can be encouraged by just grabbing her tail. a gentle squeeze or a slight twist sometimes. it doesn't pain them but does trigger a natural response to move away from the stimulation. usually just walking up behind them in their blind spot will make them step forward. it's bovine psychology! wink
Do not try this with a horse. :)

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
It works pretty well in either application. It has the "hammer" style blades, which are better for small brush. But, I've been primarily using it for lawn grass with zero complaints.
I used to cut our field with a Ford 9n and bush hog but switched to the RTV and a DR tow behind field/brush mower. It is much easier on my old back and neck and does a real nice job. The only bad part is that it's like a trying to drive a tractor/trailer through the field and woods. You have to plan carefully and use the mirrors constantly. I was curious how the flail would chomp up small twigs and branches - sounds like it does OK. Looks like it might have the ability to offset as well?

4570FAN

I used to cut our field with a Ford 9n and bush hog but switched to the RTV and a DR tow behind field/brush mower. It is much easier on my old back and neck and does a real nice job. The only bad part is that it's like a trying to drive a tractor/trailer through the field and woods. You have to plan carefully and use the mirrors constantly. I was curious how the flail would chomp up small twigs and branches - sounds like it does OK. Looks like it might have the ability to offset as well?
Yes, it offsets to either side by swinging the tongue. You can also slide the tongue to either side, but that requires tools. Overgrown pastures/fields are no sweat. Golden rod, milk weed, etc all cut easily. I definitely have to plan ahead on the turns, but cruising in AC is worth it.?