IMatch question

tripletap

Couldn't find this in any of the documentation - so I must ask others:

For those that know, should I level my IMatch / 3 point - in the extreme up position or the extreme down position just hovering above the ground, have ballast box attached ... thx

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Heck, I didn't know Apple made stuff for tractors. :pat: iMatch is new to me.

urednecku

:confused: I give up. How DO you level IMatch? :confused:

If we knew what it was, it'd be an easier answer.......I'm gonna guess yer talkin bout a 3 point hitch, in which case I think it might be best done as close to working height as reasonable.

tripletap

Here is a picture of the IMatch it's the circled implement that allows QUICK attachments of 3 point hitch accessories ... Just trying to verify what I beleive, that leveling should be done as close to where your accessories will be operating and that is how I have it currently set - up ...

FILE PHOTO
479262_ss20_hitching_capabilities_2.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I would agree that leveling should be done a close to the point of the level where the implement would be used. Makes sense to me.
I had not seen the IMatch before. How many impletments do you have that work off of it? Does it make it a lot easier to hook stuff up? Is there a piece that needs attached to each implement you plan to use the IMatch with?
Sorry for more questions than answers.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That looks like the quick hitch I have on my Kubota. I level it low, close to the working position of the implement. If you level it at its height the back of the implement kicks up at the working position.

the problem with mine and the imatch is that the implement must be built to the category one standards or it doesn't fit. All of the newer Deere stuff fits either and most of the major mfgs do too. I have a monroe back blade that I had to reweld the lower pin mounts and also move the top pin. my Tractor supply tiller is so far off I just remove the adaptor when I use it.

Jim

urednecku

I believe your right! I have heard of the 'Quick-Attach' system, & wish I could use them, but the impliments I have have been picked up by my Dad & myself here & there, over many years, & I don't think many of em have the same measurements between the lower link pins.

Doc, tractor supply carries them as a ''Quick Hitch"--at least I think it's the same thing. Would really save a lot of time, and lots easier & faster attaching the impliments to the 3ph.

tripletap

Faster - Yeah ... back into implement raise and click down the locking arms-DONE... !!!

Right now I only have my ballast box, however, I have that filled with +500lbs sits on a dolly, I wheel dolly into place, back into box, lift, click and away I go, simple, and effective.

Each, implement requires a bushing kit - about $30.00 ...

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've seen the quick attach which is used for the front end loader side of things. You can quick attach the bucket or forks or a grapple etc.

I use a system called "Pat's Easy Change System" which just adds to the lower hitch arms only. Same ole top hitch as ever. It has made it easier to hook up all of my implements.

jd4100

Well............Imatch is jd thing special for Imatch equipment. The center hook is NOT the same demention as the std cat 1 equipment, the width is. It is a royal pain in the neck. I think it is uinique to sub compact tractors, but not sure if it covers all brands.

The rear ballast issue carry it low if you can or mid position of range. Adjust sway chains tight to prevent side to side movement.