Kubota X1100C with PTO K-Connect

Etwman

My RTV1100 came with the Curtis plow on it as a package deal new. So I didn't know any better. It worked ok for the first year, but after reading a lot of online posts about Boss I knew the time had come for an upgrade. It's not a "throw it in the trash plow" it just has a lot of quirks.

One thing I never did was price the Boss straight blade against the Curtis straight blade. i bet they are within hundreds.

I will say, and I'm not trying to cause issues, when you go from a 60" width plow on the RTV to a 66" it makes a big difference in getting out past your wheels better. Especially in deeper snow and turning.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
My RTV1100 came with the Curtis plow on it as a package deal new.

I will say, and I'm not trying to cause issues, when you go from a 60" width plow on the RTV to a 66" it makes a big difference in getting out past your wheels better. Especially in deeper snow and turning.

Same here, not meaning to cause issues but my Curtis is 72 in (6 ft). $1750 installed 3 yrs back. Merry Xmas.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Zoomie .... You been in the Xmas Cheer early ???
I was just showing off my snow removal equipment. ;)

I'd love to have a plow (and cab) for the RTV but I just dress warm then use a 6' blade off the back of the tractor and the loader. It's slow but not bad.

My other is the ATV with plow.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I'd love to have a plow (and cab) for the RTV but I just dress warm then use a 6' blade off the back of the tractor and the loader. It's slow but not bad.

Luckily, I was able to get the great deal on the Curtis Cab from Canada so here's the little fellow with the cab and 72" Curtis blade ready to deal with whatever falls. Small propane heater for heat ,the 900 diesel to push snow and about 300 lbs of cinder blocks available for traction.

IMG_20161210_133018076_zpsk0vu7b8m.jpg

shinnery

Zoomie, I do not have that much removal equipment. I have to wait on the Solar Removal method. LOL It usually covers anything I need any more. I just sit inside and watch it outside.
Bryce

ovrszd

Luckily, I was able to get the great deal on the Curtis Cab from Canada so here's the little fellow with the cab and 72" Curtis blade ready to deal with whatever falls. Small propane heater for heat ,the 900 diesel to push snow and about 300 lbs of cinder blocks available for traction.

IMG_20161210_133018076_zpsk0vu7b8m.jpg

Very interested in your cab. When I go to Curtis' website it tells me to contact my Kubota dealer?? Is that how you purchased yours, thru the Kubota dealer? Thanks!!!

Jaynen

This is my first year using an rtv and i love it. I got a pickup truck with a hiniker scoop plow and this rtv almost keeps up with it in parking lots. So far this machine is great!

I apologize that my pictures were password protected before. Here are the new pics.

Rtv1.jpg

Rtv2.jpg

Rtv3.jpg

Etwman

I had the opportunity to run the blower on it for the first time this weekend. Really slick. Plenty of hp to throw it about 30 feet no problem. I blew about 3-4" and just about as fast as you wanted to move it sucked it up and blew it out.

The engine never bogged down. The really nice thing with this setup is you are shorter in length than most compact tractors with blowers, so you can turn and go a lot faster.

Once you get the hang of the controls you can put the snow wherever you want quick.

I took some video of it on my cell but the format isn't comparable to upload it here.

Attachments

• IMG_5448.jpg
    IMG_5448.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 202

Kanook

JAYNEN .....What is that hanging off the rear of your RTV?

ETWMAN ...Thanks for the update....I'm curious how it handles a heavy snow fall.

Jaynen

Its a snow blower i put on. Etwman how is the blower if you hit something like a plow windrow? Does anything bog down at all?

Etwman

It's gone right through anything so far. We haven't had the major storm yet but its dug through 6" with no problem at all.

Kanook

ETWMAN,,,,I notice that the controls for the blower/plow etc are on the left of the steering wheel. Curious if you might think it would be more convenient on the right???