tractor project 001 copy.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 34
  • tractor project 005 copy.jpg
    tractor project 005 copy.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 30

Bindian

My 1948 Gibson
Oldron,
I like your Gibson.:thumb: Is that a thumper it has for an engine? What make it is the engine? I am curious about the two bottom plow. How does the plow work turning to two differnt sides?:confused:
hugs, Brandi

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NTT OldIron!!!!! I'm glad you found us .....and you started out your 1st post with pics. Kewl.
I would love to see more close up pics of your Gibson.

Enjoy and post often!!! :thumb:

oldron

The Gibson is powered by a Wisconsin AHHO that would be 9.2 hp most were a 6 hp.The two way plow pivots to each side so you can plow eather way.I have had the tractor for 30 years it has done a lot of work.Just recently retired it to parades .

Attachments

• tractor 004.jpg
    tractor 004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 30
  • tractor 005 (Small).jpg
    tractor 005 (Small).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 29

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for the pictures. :thumb:

Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
good pics Ron. I've never seen one of those before. Very Kewl. :thumb:

:tiphat:Doc its oldron not oldiron but I love oldiron.

Sorry bout that chief. My eyes are getting worse by the day as I get older. :hide:

Brutus

Oldron, you've got a spiffy lookin' Gibson. Model D, is it? I have a D that doesn't look half that good, but I enjoy the heck out of it. Been pushing a little snow with mine this year.

oldron

Hey Brutus!
Yes it is a D. I used it alot for snow in the past but more for dirt work,it is supprising how much it will push.North Dakota I worked over there in the 60s I built church's in some of the towns.

Brutus

I've done a little dirt work with mine, and yes, they push way more than they look like they should.
What towns did you work in, over here?

xPosTech

Howdy OldRon.:wave: Welcome to NTT.

I guess I forgot to hit the 'post' button and lost my first attempt to say hello.:oops:

I like your Gilson.:applause: I like anything as old (or almost as old in this case) as I am. It looks really good.

Interesting rain guard on that exhaust. Put a little bitty fence around the top and you could heat up lunch while you work. When I was a kid we used to bake sweet potatoes on the exhaust manifold of Papaws tractor.:chef:

Very nice tractor.
Ted

oldron

Oh Brutus you tax an old mans brain! I worked in Minot,Grand Forks,Emerado,Bismark,Fargo and Devils Lake.Emerado sticks in my mind as there was a retired farm couple that had a cafe ,had the best food.The day before I was to leave I told them I would leave at 5am, they asked where I would eat? I said I Would get something down the road.They would not hear of that,they got up at 4am opened the cafe at 5am ,2hrs before normal,fed me and would not charge me.Nice folk up there. Ron

oldron

Hi Ted!
That is a muffler for a Allis model G.I pointed it up as that old thumper's bark was not kind to the horses in the parades.If you like all kinds of old things I did a post on My Tractor Forum [Big Tractors] Vintage Tractors][Goose] you might like it.I have cooked some beaney weeneys on the manifold of a D6 Cat.:thumb: