Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Block unwanted cell phone calls on your smart phone for free

I found out about this site from Clark Howard , the consumer advocate. It's easy, works and is free. I like it a lot so far. Other consumers report numbers and they are flagged- giving you a chance to see the flag and confirm the block or you can block pesky folks that bug you. bordercollie
https://hiya.com/

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I am going to try this "hiya.com" thing for sure and thanks...

I have been using:
http://about.att.com/story/att_call_protect.html

Have had this for about 6 months now. Dont know if you have to have AT&T or not; but I forward my home phone to my cell phone and it flags spam and sales calls. Especially those now adays that use a local number and it looks like someone close by. Then when you call it back it is a sales call or is dead..……..THANKS BC

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If I were to guess, I'd say that the bil's landline , which they have had since 1965, gets about 80% spam or telemarketers.
This hiya site has already blocked 3 today on my cell-. so far so good. I like that you can go back and take a look at the days calls. The best part is that if the number has already been reported by someone else, then it will be blocked automatically- and oh yea, I love free. :) collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's been really quiet in here the past couple days. How's everyone doing?

It's so wet here, I can't get anything done outside. I have some dirt to move, trenches to complete (needs stone and drain tile) and lots of other things but I sink up to my ankles in mud just walking so it's going to have to wait.

Not getting much seat time in the RTV due to the weather. Well, it doesn't get used much this time of year anyway since the firewood is already in for the season. Once the ground dries out or freezes, it can get back to work. Until then, anything heavier than the ATV causes too much damage.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
We are in the same situation - too wet and muddy to get any work done and all the firewood is in for this year.

Central and Southeastern Ohio is getting a good three day soaking so the RTV sits under a tarp so no trail maintenance this weekend.

But Saturday we are checking on the progress of our barn, downloading game camera pictures and letting my wife walk around in some antique places in Logan. I doubt they have them there, but I am looking for heavy steel cabinets to put in the barn when its done.

On the recommendation of several folks on this forum, I ordered two cans of fluid film this morning. I noticed a few places on RTV where rust is forming after only a year and a half. I will hit the spots with a wire brush then spray some fluid film on there. That should stop it.

I made a list of all the equipment maintenance that has to get done before spring. That should take me a couple of months. No rebuilds but a couple of repairs, several oil and filter changes, blade sharpening, belts and want to get the DR Tow Behind Brush Mower ready to sell in the spring.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
On the recommendation of several folks on this forum, I ordered two cans of fluid film this morning.
You may need more than 2 cans.

Once you get your RTV sprayed, if you're like me and others, you're going to find 100 other places to use the Fluid Film.
I use the spray cans on things like:
- Door hinges
- Battery terminals
- Squeaky belts (as a belt dressing)
- Any small thing that's not moving but should (instead of PB Blaster or WD-40)
- Any small thing that's rusty.
- Gun lubricant.
- Tools that have a tendency to rust

They also sell gallon cans of it that has much thicker than what's in the spray cans. (It'll say NAS in the product name. NAS=Non-Aerosol Spray).
I use this with either a paint brush or pneumatic spray gun to do bigger things like:
- Undercoat vehicles.
- Under mower deck to stop clippings from sticking to the deck as well as rust prevention.
- 3-point implements to stop rust.
Anything else that needs a thicker coat than what the spray can offers.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had some bulldozing done on my trails through the back 40 early September and it has rained so much since that that I have more mud slides than trails. The more I ride them the more I tear them up. Have to let them dry.

So I've been riding the back roads of Meigs county. Made it down close to Racine all on back roads. Beautiful this time of year with the leaves changing. Hope to do more riding Sunday. Paw Paw grower we might even find ourselves in your neck of the woods. I never know where we'll end up when we take off. Last time I tried to get lost, driving roads I had no clue where they went. I succeeded. Had to use GPS once we had a phone signal to get us back to known point. Good times.

Attachments

• InCase.jpg
    InCase.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 90

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Doc we picked up a county map at the map office in Pomeroy. It has all those township gravel roads and put in the RTV glovebox. It has helped a few times.

It looks like we could get to Racine on mostly township roads with just a couple of short hops on county roads.

I think we will get a few days of color then it will be gone till spring.

Kanook

Well the leaves have pretty much fallen to the ground after a particularly colorful autumn and it's time to get the summer stuff stored and the winter stuff ready for the winter ahead. Average snow fall for this area is around 9 feet but a few years back we reached a total of 18 feet. Now all that snow doesn't all stay on the ground as some of the early stuff melts and a lot of it compacts but its not uncommon to have 8-10ft wing backs on each side of the roads that the snowplow leaves behind. Needless to say the Kubota RTV with its snow blade with numerous character scars is about to get ready to work along with the B2650 with its front mount blower. Neither blower or blade are currently hanging off the front ends but I've been rearranging the workshop, storing the backhoe, wood chipper, log splitter FEL,etc,etc at the back of the building and the winter acoutrements now ready to install. A few years back I erected the building and the Zoomie and others on this forum suggested that I should have made it bigger than its 20x28 dimension. They were wrong !!!! I should have made it MUCH bigger. The old 04 RTV900 is now shifting like there's banana peels in the transmission. It still occasionally gets stuck in gear needing to kill the engine if it comes to a stop on and incline but thats the nature of those 2004 models with no knob or brake pedal HST pressure relief like the newer models..(Would love to get one of those new 1100 series but my retirement income and Mrs Kanook would soon put a stop to that).

BTW, a little over a month ago we had a couple of Oklahoma/Kansas class tornadoes pass thru here. Our little hacienda escaped but a couple of miles down the road took direct hits. Nasty things those tornadoes, give me a blizzard any day...at least I'm equipped to cope with a snowstorm..

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Color just peaked here last week. Lots of leaves still on the trees. We have a few more weeks of the pretty stuff. Then we'll have to be ready for the white stuff. Thankfully we count our annual snowfall in inches. LOL 19.4 inches. I can't remember us even getting that much over the last 10 years (my memory can leave a lot to be desired, so take that with a grain of salt).

Doc we picked up a county map at the map office in Pomeroy. It has all those township gravel roads and put in the RTV glovebox. It has helped a few times.

It looks like we could get to Racine on mostly township roads with just a couple of short hops on county roads.

That's how we ride. Can get most anywhere on the back roads that are more like trails, single lane dirt w some gravel roads. Perfect for riding in the country. On one road we cross through a creek in 3 places. Any truck or suv could drive it. Just unusual to see a road that way.
Thanks for the tip on the maps. I'll stop in next time I'm down that way. I looked at maps from google or apple but they list the official township road number rather than the name we all know them as. Most of the roads we drive have no number of any kind posted so that makes it all guess work. No problem. We enjoy riding them.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Look up At the Sky

I almost didn't see this oddity in early November but just happened to look up as I worked on a fence. Some call them jet trails, some call 'em chemtrails. I call em the latter. Never have a seen a circular one. The second picture was taken after I got to the house. I do wish the picture had been more focused but in person it was an obvious circle.

Attachments

• KIMG0113.jpg
    KIMG0113.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 63
  • KIMG0114(1) (1)_LI.jpg
    KIMG0114(1) (1)_LI.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 67

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
lol...top one almost looks like a "peace" symbol...….So glad to see our "boys" having funding to actually get out and train...….God bless the USA...Dennis

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Actually after the 6.7 inches of rain we got this week, it's great we can see clear skies......

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We didn't get that much rain but we got enough that every where is mud mud and more mud. A mess. Sun's out so things should start to dry up today at least.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, !! The sun and warmer temperatures are wonderful ! We got a lot of rain too and boy hidee .. I'll say it... it was terribly cold for 2 dreary days here with highs in the mid 30'ss and wet too. I about froze to death while tagging calves and feeding them. Have to have gloves off for the ear tagging and when cleaning the ear with alcohol in prep for tagging ....cooled off any warmth in my fingers quick . Thank goodness for my RTV's old homemade windshield and the muffler exhaust (hand warmer) . I just wasn't ready for it and the weatherman said in the 40's last time I heard haha .. I realize that's almost summer temps for some of ya'll.
There were no dry places for the calves to bed down neither... They are enjoying the sun now though- winding up those tails and racing each other over the pastures. :) collie

Attachments

• KIMG0172.jpg
    KIMG0172.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 53

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did y'all see this on the news this morning.
Ultimate forklift fail. Video is only 38 seconds. Definitely worth the watch.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL6xyG1K_NA[/ame]

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I re-played the video from the news source. The reporter said it happened last year but the video is just going viral now. She said they don't know about injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.