A big Howdy from South East Texas

xPosTech

Even though this is my first post I feel at home with all the familiar faces from other forums. I've followed Mith's modifications to his Horses and Dan's (Milwaukee) struggles with an old Gilson. I say struggles because I picked up a YT11HE a few days ago and am beginning to appreciate his ability to keep it working.

I worked in computers all my life, retiring when the Houston Post newspaper was forcibly shut down. Now I'm just an old gray bearded guy who (just) caught the little tractor bug.

I think I'll have a busy winter. A 2000 WH 17-44 HXL that needs an engine rebuild, a Scotts (Deere) with a sick K51 transaxle, plus a couple of strong old Murrays with a few minor battle scars. I can twist a wrench and lay a bead and there isn't much that scares me off.

And the Gilson. Oh yeah and a 70's (?) Troy-Bilt Horse tiller with a freshly rebuilt 7 HP K161T. I received it as payment for some M$ XP system recovery I did for a friend. It's gonna need a lot of cosmetic work -- lotta rust. Got it with all kinds of Garden Way newsletters, price sheets, an owner's list from 1972 -- everything except a maintenance manual.:sad:

I'm not a prolific poster. I might reply to a thread if I can help somebody or (try to) say something funny. My posts are usually short and to the point or long and drawn out going off on a tangent to who knows where. Depending on how much caffeine I've treated myself to, I guess.

Sorta like now. So I'll just say bye for now and I'll be baaack.:smile:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Ted. Great to see you here on NTT. I'm glad you found us.
Love your tag line. :yum: :yum:

Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum!

What part of SE Texas? I'm from the Wichita Falls area. I worked in Houston for several years and spent a lot of time with customers in the Beaumont/Port Arthur area.

Jim

rback33

I give a hearty welcome from the (currently)frozen tundra of central Kansas. Like Jim, I have been all over Texas (never living there though) and kindly avoid it at all costs. :mrgreen: Trouble is business gets me down there several times a year.:bangin: and if anyone happens to have a utility truck and crew to set some polls and string new lines I would love to have electricity again.

xPosTech

Jim I live in the bright lights of Nederland. Almost as far as you can go south and east before you hit river or gulf. Port Arthur is across the road. Cajun country Texas style. Lotsa rice fields and oil wells and :fishing:.

I used to live in Huntsville, Brandi, and still have a sister living there. I take the shortcut from 105 (1725) to I-45, so I go past you every so often. I'm fixin' to (heh) head that way Christmas morning. I guess I'll just look for the pretty gal on a new tractor when I fly through Willis, huh? I'll :wave:as I go past.

Merry Christmas all y'all
Ted

Bindian

Jim I live in the bright lights of Nederland. Almost as far as you can go south and east before you hit river or gulf. Port Arthur is across the road. Cajun country Texas style. Lotsa rice fields and oil wells and :fishing:.

I used to live in Huntsville, Brandi, and still have a sister living there. I take the shortcut from 105 (1725) to I-45, so I go past you every so often. I'm fixin' to (heh) head that way Christmas morning. I guess I'll just look for the pretty gal on a new tractor when I fly through Willis, huh? I'll :wave:as I go past.

Merry Christmas all y'all
Ted
Ted,
Nederland.....home of the Blue Jays. Nice town. I used to go through there a lot when I traveled with Dad on his Furniture store sales runs. Klein played them once or twice in football playoffs. I am two miles east of Willis off of FM 2432. I wouldn't say the Big Red Beast is new, as she has some verteran marks of use on her.:thumb:
Have a Merry Christmas and a safe journey to and from Huntsville.
hugs, Brandi

xPosTech

Er..uh...that would be the Bulldogs. Bum Phillips used to coach 'em. I grew up in Beaumont. Wade used to play for Port Neches-Groves Indians. I played for South Park. The Greenies.:hide:

Ted

Bindian

Er..uh...that would be the Bulldogs. Bum Phillips used to coach 'em. I grew up in Beaumont. Wade used to play for Port Neches-Groves Indians. I played for South Park. The Greenies.:hide:

Ted
Ted,
:oops: I was thinking of the Needville Blue Jays. Sorry.
hugs, Brandi

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter

I've spent a lot of time in the area. We had communications sites in Devers, Bridge City, Beaumont, Vidor, and Sulpher. Guy who used to work for me lived in Nederland. I'm drawing a blank right now on his name. Long time ago.

There used to be a GREAT seafood restaurant in Sabine Pass. I heard that it had closed :(

Brandi, we also had sites in the Woodlands, Conroe, Willis, and Huntsville. Also had an office in Conroe.

Jim