RTV-GPS System

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Dammit, I like that !!!!</P>

I don't own one of these ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ yet !!!! [:O]</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I could see its need in a tractor but why would you need one on a RTV?

Show us what you have for a tilt meter. [;)]

G

No good reason to have one on an RTV unless your pulling a sprayer with it. The straight line guidance is really great for spraying applications so that your not overlapping or leaving gaps. Its a tractor thing really...</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I could see some use in it if one has a spray-boom unit installed on the RTV. That way, there would be no overlapping & oversraying chemicals..... ( no waste situation )</P>

It would take a lot of use to justify the price difference of the GPS, and the overlapping waste of chemical .....I mean a whole lot of use !!!</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
See Messick got the same answer !!! I wasn't thinking quick as they are !!!!!! [*-)]

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Need or no Need, Overlapping, spray gaps,chemical wasting, don't matter, still looks impressive as hell !!! </P>

Then all I'd need is a electronic credit / debit card swiper !!!! [:p]</P>

G

Spray chemicals are very expensive. On a golf course the biggest expense is not staff, equipment, etc... its chemicals. A cheap GPS systemwould payin a matter ofweeks.The EPA is also all over any farming operation who is putting down large amounts of chemicals. GPS & Radar based systems are all but mandatory to prevent over applying chemicals that may run off and pollute ground water. Farmers have to attend several classes a year to keep their spray licenses up to date. Wesell sprayers that cost upwards of$250,000.Of course, forthe average RTV owner with a 35 gallon sprayer it will never make sense. Thats not thecustomer this was really ment for. I don't know much about this stuff, but farming technology is always interesting. </P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I agree with you on the farming technology. Been attending some farming / tractor shows & demos !</P>

The GPS systems they have in these tractors, are like automatic pilots now.... Very, Very Impressive !!! Unless somebody witness these machines work, they will never see the glory of how well they perform in the fields !! It is amazing !!!! Everything is just about PERFECT !!!</P>

Now, if advancing technology can just make the seeds go into the hoppers automaticly from the sacks to the planter, we will be in hog heaven !!!! </P>