Considering a new RTV 1100 or Polaris Ranger Diesel???

herman48

Just in time for this thread.Heres one I dropped tonight.Notice the kubota getting ready to haul her out
nov30-2014.jpg

Congrats! I have devised a nice system to load deer on the Kubota without messing up my back even more than it is. I have strung a thick rope between those two hooks in the back of the cab (one of which bears the radio antenna). I lower the tailgate, tilt the cargo box, hook up a come-along to the rope, hook up the come-along cable to a rope tied right behind the deer's shoulders, and lever the deer up with the come-along into the box. When most of the deer is in the box I lower the box, push the hind legs in and close the tailgate. Then I unhook the come-along from the rope and the deer, and go home. I don't gut my deer out in the field because I live within 10 minutes of where I hunt. When I get home I drive the Kubota in reverse under a carport annexed to the garage, hook up a gambrel secured to a rafter to the deer's hind legs, and lift it right out of the Kubota box. Then I drive the Kubota away and begin the field dressing. Two weeks ago I tested this system with a nice, fat spike buck I shot with my Thompson/Center Hawken cal. .50.

Mark.Sibole

Definatly the way to go.I have a similar system on the design table right now.I just havnt had the time to do it.With the tall side rails on my machine for hauling wood im making a bracket to place across the back boards of the dails that can be added or removed then placing a small boat winch on it.This way I can tilt bed and hook up to the deer and then crank it right in.Then lower the bed and drive away.
Im also like you I never gut the animal where i hunt.I generally load it up bring it home then gut and rince it out at the house.Birds love to feast on the innerds so they are happy too. I still have 1 buck tag left and my son still has his dow tag that hopefully we can fill next week when muzzel loader season opens up.We have been blessed with a good season this year even with the few fupas.Both boys (11 year old twins) got their deer ans I shot the nice 8 point and this big doe.Hopefully in the next day or 2 ill get the loader fitted to the machine.
It would be nice if i had more clearance in the garage for gutting.
I could hang the deer then back the machine under it then gut it out leaving all the innerds in the back of the machine.Then go out back and just dump them out ,come back and do a rinse job.When you get to my age you do what ever makes it easier.I was really surprised though last night.After I dropped her I drove the truck ack home to grab the RTV and when i puled back to where she was laying close to the bait pile therer were 4 or 5 more deer in there feeding.They didnt pay the dead one any attention which really surprised me.So all in all myself and the boys had a good season so far with no one getting hurt.and we have been blessed with 4 nice animals steroid free.Will make some very nice meals and drastically cut the meat bill this winter.The way my boys eat venison i could go through 6 deer in one winter.The love the stuff.I process my own animals for my needs.They are all deboned and ground into burger for chili ,speggetti cracker dip ,lasagna and brats.Then a lot of steaks and stew meat.Then renderloins are either cut to small top quality steaks or made into rolled roasts. For rolled roasts on any part personally ive found that you cut the meat in roughly 1 inch thick pieces then roll them up into a tight roll and tie them off with bakers string.
Then place into a pot with a mix of 3 cans of cream of mushroom soup and 1 cup of water.Add carrots and potatos in thenBake at 350 for 1 hour then drop down to 250 for 2 to 3 hours.End result is a meal that the meat is so tender and you have your veggies and the soup makes a great gravy.
Have a great day.
Ps darn i got long winded on this one biut i do love sharing tips and stuff here with all of my best friends.

Mark.Sibole

and congrats on the fat spike.Im not sure how it is in your state but they say if you can harvest a deer in michigan its a true feat.Not one of the easiest states to hunt in as the deer are very educated here.They know when all the citiots come up here and hide.

Tailrotor

Diffently the kubota 1100

I am a tad bit bias but love my RTV X 1100

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 172

OrangeBuggy

I am a tad bit bias but love my RTV X 1100

Like mine also. It looks like you have the rear splash guards on yours. Tell me they make a difference. I have the front and rear ones, just haven't installed them yet. They were expensive little buggers I know that so I hope they work well.
Harry

Tailrotor

Like mine also. It looks like you have the rear splash guards on yours. Tell me they make a difference. I have the front and rear ones, just haven't installed them yet. They were expensive little buggers I know that so I hope they work well.
Harry

Harry they work well. Only problem I had installing them was on the rear passenger side. I have the factory hydraulics for the v plow set up and was unable to use one of the support brackets that came with it but after tighting everything up I really didn't need it anyway.

They worked out nice

herman48

The splash guards were already mounted on my 1100 when I bought it. They work great. I don't get any mud and water on the windshield or on the outer surface of the body, none on the tailgate, and none on the "guts" in the back. When I leave the dirt/clay roads and hit the pavement, tons of gumbo shoot out from the tires as soon as I reach 10 mph but none of it hits windshield or outer body. But the undercarriage and the wheel rims are a mess and need hosing down every time. Yesterday the Kubota dealer picked up my "Dixie" for the 50-hour maintenance. Actually, I only had 40 hrs. on the engine, but yesterday began a 10-day pause in the deer season (we'll get the 10 days back in February), so I wanted to get it done before the season opens again.
BTW, I was impressed by Dixie's fuel consumption. A full tank goes a very long way.
And, speaking of "Dixie," my wife bought adhesive letters that spell out "DIXIE" and stuck them on the back window of the Kubota. I don't want to offend any of my northern friends here, but I will be mounting one of those fiberglass rods used with an orange flag on kids' bicycles, but instead of an orange flag I'll be flying "Stars and Bars," the Confederate flag. After all, I live in southern Alabama, and though born and raised in Europe, I am a Redneck at heart!

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Like Tailrotor said, I am a bit biased but love my rtvx1100c. Traded a Polaris ranger in on the Kubota and it is a working machine. The Kubota will go places and work jobs that the Polaris would never do or go.

Lewbeachbob

I looked at many different UTV's that are out there. If you plan on using the machine as a "work" vehicle, I think there is one choice. I love my Kubota!

herman48

I looked at many different UTV's that are out there. If you plan on using the machine as a "work" vehicle, I think there is one choice. I love my Kubota!

Exactly! Next year I'll be plowing my food plots with a 500 lbs. disc cultivator. No way could I pull that with a 4-Wheeler or a Polaris or any such "toy." Those tiny cultivators made for ATV's barely scratch the dirt, especially if you have to break new ground. They are too light.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The rtv will pull an 8 ft wheel disk. I used it to work up 3 small food plots that were too small for my tractor (little over a half acre)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 104

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like a great shooting lane to me.

That one really did. It was an L shaped plot planted in alfalfa. My son took a good friends 9 year old daughter and she shot her first deer in that plot. Being a part of a successful first deer harvest makes all the work worth it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 94
only problem with the RTV is height and width. If you are traveling roads and fire trails it's no problem, but it does not weave through woods with low limbs and trees.

herman48

only problem with the RTV is height and width. If you are traveling roads and fire trails it's no problem, but it does not weave through woods with low limbs and trees.
True. My Argo is much lower to the ground and does a great job of making its own trail, knocking down brush and saplings and climbing over fallen logs--it's like riding a rhinoceros,. But then the low limbs hit you in the face... I guess you can't have it all. But when it rains, or freezes, or the temperature is in the 100's, that Kubota cab and its heater and A/C more than make up for the "shortcomings" you mentioned. And the Argo is hell on your back. Its only suspension is its balloon tires and the cheeks of your butt. But it swims, which no other ATV or RTV does. That's why I've kept my Argo after I bought the RTV. They are specialized tools. I'd never be able to pull a cultivator heavy enough to bust sod with the Argo. And I couldn't reach one of my feeders with the Kubota. Maybe one day they'll make an amphibious RTV with a narrower body and a low cab, and we'll have the ideal off-road vehicle!:clap: