They must be doing something right!

Dougster

Old Member
Deere 4Q Profit Climbs, Beats Forecast

Deere & Co. 4th-Quarter Profit Rises 52 Pct on Strong Farm and Commercial Equipment Sales

Wednesday November 21, 9:38 am ET

MOLINE, Ill. (AP) -- Farm equipment maker Deere & Co. said Wednesday its fourth-quarter profit rose 52 percent as strong worldwide agricultural sales more than offset declines in other sectors from the U.S. housing slump.

Increased ethanol production helped fuel higher demand for farm equipment, pushing sales up 20 percent.

+++++++++

Sometimes it's very good to be Lime Green! :)

Dougster

Deere & Co. 4th-Quarter Profit Rises 52 Pct on Strong Farm and Commercial Equipment Sales

MOLINE, Ill. (AP) -- Farm equipment maker Deere & Co. said Wednesday its fourth-quarter profit rose 52 percent as strong worldwide agricultural sales more than offset declines in other sectors from the U.S. housing slump.

Increased ethanol production helped fuel higher demand for farm equipment, pushing sales up 20 percent.

+++++++++

Dougster

Deere has made it to where they are today by exersizing great insight into FUTURE markets. By the time others have read the market, Deere usually OWNS the market. Like 'em or not, the managment at Deere has taken them to a level beyond what the rest of the industry can even hope for.

+++++++++

Dougster

Does it say how much of that profit is made by JD financing?

Dougster

Old Member
Does it say how much of that profit is made by JD financing?
It did not.

I must admit that I was most impressed at last week's Richie Bros auction in CT by the prices commanded by used Deere construction equipment compared to the competition. There was an interesting dynamic going on there. There wasn't a whole lot of competitive CAT stuff to be had... but plenty from Hitachi, Komatsu, Kobelco, JCB and others. The Deere equipment brought noticeably higher prices for similar equipment across the board.

Dougster

Wannafish

Dougster,

I always found it interesting how much more Deere equipment generally sells for at auction...and how much more you get for used Deere equipment when trading up. More up front cost, but more return down the road.

WF

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, I always found it interesting how much more Deere equipment generally sells for at auction...and how much more you get for used Deere equipment when trading up. More up front cost, but more return down the road.
I always knew that Lime Green Deere equipment sold for a premium and brought a premium when resold... because, after all, that was, is and will probably always be the American flagship aggie tractor brand. The minor eye-opener last week was that the same apparently applies to their yellow construction equipment vs. the other "foreign" brands named. Primarily deriving from my Florida hurricane recovery experience, I was led to believe that only CAT construction equipment was held in such high esteem.

You can't tell a thing from asking prices. They are all over the map. But Ritchie Bros auction selling prices are the hard, real world. It only affected me directly on a late model Deere mini-excavator that I wanted to bid on. It started high and went even higher... certainly way out of my price range. The big eye-opening part was mainly on larger excavators. I thought the foreign stuff... most notably the big Hitachi's... would bring the biggest bucks. The Deeres blew them away.

Shows how much I knew... :eek:

Dougster

Bindian

Deere has made it to where they are today by exersizing great insight into FUTURE markets. By the time others have read the market, Deere usually OWNS the market. Like 'em or not, the managment at Deere has taken them to a level beyond what the rest of the industry can even hope for.
They also know the value of capitalizing on their brand name in merchandise. You can buy any item made in JD colors. You can equip a whole kitchen in green and yellow with the JD logo.
hugs, Brandi