new FEL

capt1989

Hey guys,

I ran across this site recently after looking at toothbars at the Markham Welding web site. I have been in touch with them via e-mail and will order one monday (tomorrow) for my new FEL. I have heard it makes a huge difference in the digging capability of the bucket. I have a few small stumps to get up and to clean up the front ditch to put in a drain culvert and cover it up and also level up a section of the yard on the side of the house for a drive way, and last but not least, dig a leech field for the septic system and a dig tornado shelter. I did use the FEL to push against some big pine trees while my son cut them to make sure they fell where I wanted them to. Then used it to move the big logs we cut from them out of the way till I can get to them. Fun stuff!

My tractor is a ym2000 and It is really great. But then you all know that already. I have posted in the past on the tractorbynet forum but haven't been there recently. Since I am here, I will say a few thing if'n ya'll don't mind. As I said, my tractor is great, but since I put the FEL on, it is SUPER TRACTOR. To me, anyway. Man, I love that thing! One of the things I did early last winter is made some wheel weights. I took the wheels off the tractor, laid them on the ground, put visquine across the wheel and poured concrete in it. Two bags on each side. There was a little prep work before actually pouring the cement, but it worked very well. Approx. 160lbs on each side. Made a HUGE difference in the traction and overall box blading/pushing ability of the little yanmar. I believe I may have a pic or two if anyone is interested. I am a pilot on a lineboat on the Mississippi river and its tributaries and won't be home for another 3 to 4 weeks so it may take awhile to put them up.

The weight on the front end of the tractor since installing the FEL makes steering a little difficult, but nothing serious. I take it slow anyway since I don't want to put any more unnecessary strain on the front end, especially when it is loaded. Man, the front tires really squat down when there is weight in the bucket, and I am wondering If anyone here knows how much weight the front end can handle. I figure as long as I take it slow and easy and steady, all should be o.k. I don't want this.:shitHitsFan:I take my time when moving around heavy. It took a little time getting used to the added length of the tractor.Can't swing it around like I used to.
Time for a nap before I go on watch.

Happy tractoring...

john

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Aboard John! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

A fel is a very handy tool and the tooth bar is a good addition.

There are several Yanmar folks around. They should show up soon. One in particular I'm thinking of might still be asleep. California lives in California :yum:

Post some tractor pictures when you get home. Pics of your current vehicle would be nice too.:mrgreen:

Jim