Use my VPlow the first time today

628pm

Site Supporter
We were supposed to get 5 - 10 inches of snow last night and today. Maybe 4 arrived. Still wanted to try the VPlow and heated cab. Everything worked well. Need to adjust the runners a little to get closer to surface. It is so much nicer than using the b2620 with a fel and backblade. FEL and backblade did clean the drive more, but lowering the runners should take care of that.

DwRam

Site Supporter
Congrats, on the new V-Plow. Got mine last winter just in time for a SE Michigan record setting winter snow fall. Now I look forward for snow to fall. Are you clearing blacktop surface or gravel. I bought the plow shoes but haven't needed them for pushing snow on blacktop.

Mark.Sibole

If you are plowing mainly Blacktop you dont need to add the shoes.You will get right down to the ground on pavement.The only time I add my shoes are the first few snow falls untill the sand and gravel is packed then off come the shoes.

628pm

Site Supporter
My drive is blacktop, I also will do gravel and a country road that has about . I think I need to adjust my shoes a little bit to get the blade closer to the pavement. I think I need to adjust the angle of the blade (not the blade but the pitch of the blade using the slotted bracket on the connection to the rtv. If someone could I would like to see a picture of how you have it set.

Also for those with a boss vplow how do you use the inside control. I tried to use it on the control arm and velcro that came with the control, but it kept coming off. Need to figure out something different.

Finally I need to setup more flashing lights for the rtv. I have installed led lights in the front, but I need flashing lights in the front and rear. Have to figure out how to do that though.

T

TripleB

Just ordered a boss plow for my x1100. Does anyone have any tips on the install. Me and my son will be doing it.
Thanks for any tips

T

TripleB

Just hate to have to haul my machine all the way to Lexington to get it done. If they only charged $300 there can't be much to it. I figure it's mostly running wiring which we would rather do to make certain it's not eventually going to short.

rapracing

They were about 7 hours. They had quoted a flat rate and told me it could be up to 8 hours. Something about dropping the front bumper assembly and getting it back together with the mount took a bit of time. I am sure wiring took time too. They did a real nice job as far as I can see.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I didn't mount mine as dealer offered free pick up and delivery. However, I had to make a few changes. I suggest that you mount the control connection module just to the left of the steering column. The coil cord of the hand control is stiff and short so having it higher and on the left helps. The dealer mounted it low and left of the steering column. It just didn't worg there. Also, the dealer mounted the main electric connection module using #6 self tapping screws which quickly sheared off. Use 5/16 self tapping screws or bolts.
Good luck!

T

TripleB

Thanks for the input. It just seems on things like this your better off doing it your self.
We will take care to make certain everything is solidly mounted and the wiring is routed well.

rapracing

The dealer mounted my control connection just to the right of my steering column. You are right about it being better on the left. I have used it this year with my left hand. Kind of lay it across my lap and it has worked. May look at moving it to the other side after this weather breaks.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Here is where I mounted mine. It has worked out very well.

I mounted the hanger button for the control where the caution label is on the front of the cup holder. I took the label off prior to fastening the hanger button. The control hangs there nicely and is easy to get to. I don't even hold the control in my hand anymore. It hangs there nicely and is easy to operate without having to hold it. I don't have a picture of this arrangement handy.

Attachments

• 2015-01-18 10.25.40.jpg
    2015-01-18 10.25.40.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 111

razerface

I mounted mine on the passenger side, under the dash. The cord fits perfectly in my hand while I shift,,and throw it on the seat beside me if Hooked up but not plowing. No dash cutting at all.