need some help

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm gonna make a move to get out of the oildfield welding sinse it's unstable.i wanna go into making custom parts for people it don't have to be a rtv it can be a tractor /truck/car/anything. I have a buddy why welds and I'm gonna ask him to come in with me I already have the machines and tools and the shop to do it inso if you guys can spread the word I would appreciate it very much thanks in advance .peanut.. remember before you spend money on a cheaply made piece give a holler.you never know it might even lead to me getting an rtv and that would open up a lot of stuff for me.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm glad to help Peanut. Good luck in your new venture. You do such GREAT work I have no doubt you'll be a success!!!!!

David69

Maybe make some side rail accessories for tools etc. Something like this. I know you would sell a lot

Attachments

• accessory-rack-kubota-rtv900-1100-27.gif
    accessory-rack-kubota-rtv900-1100-27.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 113
  • accessory-rack-kubota-rtv900-1100-44.jpg
    accessory-rack-kubota-rtv900-1100-44.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 113

Nevadablue

I'll add to David's suggestion. I've been looking at your headache rack/rail setup. Maybe leave the tops of the verticals open (use the plastic plugs from Kubota to close them, or make a neat snap in tie down loop) and then make a removable ladder/lumber rack. I plan to make one for my RTV so I can haul ladders and lumber and pipe, but it needs to be removable when I don't need it. Extend it over the cab, like pickup racks.
And, yes, I'll pass the word. You need to advertise yourself. Maybe sell something on ebay once in a while to get 'free' advertising.
Also, if the local atv/rtv dealers don't have someone who does fab work, get in their back pocket! My dealer has a huge fab shop because he does custom work for the mines in the area, but if yours don't, that could be a good source of business too.

David69

Back Shield

The RTV is a well made machine but there will always be some shortcomings. Protecting the CV boots is one and the bad design of the head board on the bed. Debris falls onto the motor! NOT GOOD. A higher back board that would eliminate that. it would would be a winner even it it wasn't designed into your beautiful rails that you make. Just an independent shield that can ship easily. I bet you could sell a ton of these. Here is my apprentice job on my RTV just to give you an idea. Maybe just a couple of 1" posts and a shield between the two. Profit is made in the little things that ship easily and aren't too expensive because of the volume you will sell. Believe me Kubota engineers must look at this site for ideas..

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 99

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I'll add to David's suggestion. I've been looking at your headache rack/rail setup. Maybe leave the tops of the verticals open (use the plastic plugs from Kubota to close them, or make a neat snap in tie down loop) and then make a removable ladder/lumber rack. I plan to make one for my RTV so I can haul ladders and lumber and pipe, but it needs to be removable when I don't need it. Extend it over the cab, like pickup racks.
And, yes, I'll pass the word. You need to advertise yourself. Maybe sell something on ebay once in a while to get 'free' advertising.
Also, if the local atv/rtv dealers don't have someone who does fab work, get in their back pocket! My dealer has a huge fab shop because he does custom work for the mines in the area, but if yours don't, that could be a good source of business too.

can't put caps on them poles because I make the ends out of 1" soild square bar so it doesn't bend when you load it with wood. as for the dealer in my area I offered to make stuff for the rtv's on his lot he told me to get off his lot and he better not catch me taking measurements anymore. he told me Kubota makes everything they need for the rtv.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
The RTV is a well made machine but there will always be some shortcomings. Protecting the CV boots is one and the bad design of the head board on the bed. Debris falls onto the motor! NOT GOOD. A higher back board that would eliminate that. it would would be a winner even it it wasn't designed into your beautiful rails that you make. Just an independent shield that can ship easily. I bet you could sell a ton of these. Here is my apprentice job on my RTV just to give you an idea. Maybe just a couple of 1" posts and a shield between the two. Profit is made in the little things that ship easily and aren't too expensive because of the volume you will sell. Believe me Kubota engineers must look at this site for ideas..

your right about the little things but people ask for stuff and there is no way to make them small.lol

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe make some side rail accessories for tools etc. Something like this. I know you would sell a lot

I made some rails a few years ago with the hooks to hold shovels rakes and what ever else was needed. I even made a chainsaw holder for it to. the thing is size I don't really like to make stuff that bolts together after a while the bolts loosen or rust away I like to try to make it in as few pieces as possible that way it's a lot more solid.

ovrszd

can't put caps on them poles because I make the ends out of 1" soild square bar so it doesn't bend when you load it with wood.

I don't see the poles of the rack bending as being the problem. What I see is the bed side bending outward where it bolts to the floor pan. Mine is better after adding a rack but still requires a rear brace if hauling loads that push outward on the sides.

ovrszd

I made some rails a few years ago with the hooks to hold shovels rakes and what ever else was needed. I even made a chainsaw holder for it to. the thing is size I don't really like to make stuff that bolts together after a while the bolts loosen or rust away I like to try to make it in as few pieces as possible that way it's a lot more solid.

Yep, I agree. I considered building my rack in 3 pieces but ended up welding it together. I bolted my chainsaw rack to the headache rack so the saw isn't hanging off the side of the machine. For me, I'm in the trees too much to have tools/equipment hanging off the sides.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Tommy, what about contacting orangeaftermarket maybe you can supply them with some of your accessories. Stick stoppers , rails and headache rack would be a great addition to their catalog.

DwRam

Site Supporter

:agree:

Peanut,

Wishing you luck and showing my support with an order for side rails if you're making them. And add a set of stick stoppers.