Side rails X1100 disappointed

Kanook

Maplenut....is that your sap gathering tank?......and if you ever tire of that plow I know of a needy foreign aid recipient (namely me) who would gladly take it off your hands...BTW...can almost smell that sap boiling.....what, another 6 weeks or so?

maplenut

Maplenut....is that your sap gathering tank?......and if you ever tire of that plow I know of a needy foreign aid recipient (namely me) who would gladly take it off your hands...BTW...can almost smell that sap boiling.....what, another 6 weeks or so?

That's one of many tanks Kanook. That leg tank fits like a glove in the kubota and I can't wait till see how it handles it . I'm gonna take rack that fits into the receiver hitch and re work the mount so it will be higher off the ground and strap down the gas pump that I use to pump out collection tanks. I usually tap around the 3rd week of February. Won't be long!

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
When making my wooden version I stepped the front rails back just enough to clear.

Attachments

• IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 258

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Those are some great looking siderails Spudhauler. Also I really like the orange wheels better than the dark grey. :clap:

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Thunder,
Those are actually BX tractor rims (rear), not painted RTV wheel.

They are wider rims and caused the tires to rub on the front suspension parts, but give great floatation.

Was real hard getting the tires to fit because of the extra width.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Spudhauler, I like the bx wheels on your buggie. Looks really nice. My buggie is camo so I put some aftermarket wheels on it. The orange ones caught my eye. Have not seen any like that on one. Also great looking siderails on your buggie.:a1:

Old Man 1944

Gold Site Supporter
I made my light weight rails from 1"x 1 1/2" Oak. I coated them twice with outdoor clear sealer. I don't cut wood or throw heavy objects in the back (to old) so I removed the screen. I will be placing acorn nuts on the outside of each carriage bolt so you won't catch yourself.

Thanks for the idea from Spudhauler.

Attachments

• IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0781 (1).jpg
    IMG_0781 (1).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

yeehaw48

If I can upload pics,here's my simple fix to the problem. simply remove bottom clamp and use a electrical conduit clamp to gain the needed room for side rails. You will have too place the boards on the other side of the standard. Also I used a thin piece of rubber to take the extra room at the clamp. Yes I know now you have to remove the clamps in order to clean the rear window. Please excuse the messy RTV it has been working here lately...good luck.

Attachments

• 0713170958.jpg
    0713170958.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 0713170959.jpg
    0713170959.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 132
  • 0713170959a.jpg
    0713170959a.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 0713171000.jpg
    0713171000.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 133

MFL

How do you like the Boss plow? Considering purchasing the exact unit for this winter in Michigan.

DwRam

Site Supporter
I have the Boss V-Plow. It works great. I now wish for snow fall in Michigan, just so I can go out and push snow around.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Side rails have come in handy on my daily corn picking trip.

Attachments

• IMG_1211.jpg
    IMG_1211.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 64

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
here is how I made my front bulk head so it didn't interfere with the rear window screen. I used 11ga 1 inch square tubing and 11ga flat stock. The uprights are 16.5 inches and the flat stock is 6 inches wide. once welded together I sprayed it with U-Pol Raptor Black Urethane Spray-On Truck Bed Liner to match the bed.

Attachments

• bulkhead.jpg
    bulkhead.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 49
  • bulkhead1.jpg
    bulkhead1.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 47
  • bulkhead2.jpg
    bulkhead2.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 39
  • bulkhead3.jpg
    bulkhead3.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 39
  • bulkhead4.jpg
    bulkhead4.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 38
  • bulkhead5.jpg
    bulkhead5.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 56
  • 20220404_070832.mp4
    15.3 MB

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
here is how I made my front bulk head so it didn't interfere with the rear window screen. I used 11ga 1 inch square tubing and 11ga flat stock. The uprights are 16.5 inches and the flat stock is 6 inches wide. once welded together I sprayed it with U-Pol Raptor Black Urethane Spray-On Truck Bed Liner to match the bed.
This is what I need to make! My firewood will never get stuck under the screen. Nice job Armyaviatr.