And finally for tonight - Tires for the X900

So my machine came with the stock tires (HDWS). On the machine they are pretty new and in good shape (must have been recently replaced).

But we live in mud. On my quad I have Kenda Executioners and they work well, so I just bought another set with rims for the Kubota. Just making sure what he salesman told me is true...

He has me running 25-10-12 for the rear, and 25-8-12 for the front. I mentioned that on the machine all 4 tires match, he said I would be happier both for clearance and steering ease to have the thinner tire.

Thouhgts?

Lee1935

I bought a set of mud tires for my X900 but went with the 24 inch tires, reason being the little engine needs all the help it can get.

8 inch in the front sounds right

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Two things were important to me on our X1120
1. I wanted the same size all the way around for stability
2. I need the largest tire possible without it rubbing or robbing the machine of power.

I worked with a guy named Robin at Allterrain.com (903-896-7565) on the advice of another member on this site. I ordered and installed four Blackwater Evolution 25.11.12 tires and was not disappointed. They do not rub and I hardly need 4wd any more. I had Kubota factory atv tires and they did not do well in red clay. Ground clearance improved maybe 1/2 inch. Robin advised he had seen 27" tires cause a power rolloff so I steered clear of those, darn it. He can help you with your 900 as well.

Hope this helps you.

shinnery

Kubotas are a fairly heavy vehicle. You need to watch the load rating of any tires you buy. Many are not rated heavy enough.

hondajoe

Tires

Well I will put my opinion in your tires in ohio had no luck in the mud sold them quickly.I went with bighorns 25 10 12s all around.They work fine for me don't haul heavy much of the time aired at 15 psi .I have never been stuck so far even with the quad same tire but I don't look for mud holes.If you go with the same tire all the way a round you can check your tires for the same size and put them on the back.Air them at your psi then ck od of tire put the same size on the back.Then when back diff is on. It will not pull on climbing a hill.

cchaffee

I have to agree with Shinnery,
If you're going to work with her or spend a lot of time in the woods i would look for a heavy ply. I put on 6 ply-2ply sidewalls but i work the &!$$ out of mine.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Kubotas are a fairly heavy vehicle. You need to watch the load rating of any tires you buy. Many are not rated heavy enough.

I've had a set of Grim Reapers on my 900. 25-10-12's all around, 8 ply. The biggest surprise was how well they do plowing snow. Better traction than I would have guessed.

Downside - they will seriously tear up a lawn and soft dirt.

I'll second the Grim Reapers- haven't had to use 4 wheel drive to plow since I switched to them and they have great traction. Also got a good deal on them ordering them through Costco.com.

Got the tires installed. Spec at 8lbs max, going to run them at 4. They work great but had to warn the wife not to run heavy loads on them. But boy this machine will now climb up anything I drive it toward. It is also now rutting the heck out of the trails. So much for driving a 1500lb machine around the property.

Attachments

• IMG_5414.jpg
    IMG_5414.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 56

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Got the tires installed. Spec at 8lbs max, going to run them at 4. They work great but had to warn the wife not to run heavy loads on them. But boy this machine will now climb up anything I drive it toward. It is also now rutting the heck out of the trails. So much for driving a 1500lb machine around the property.

A bit more air may help with tearing up your trails...

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had trouble with mine tearing up the trails too. But I thought it was more like 2400 pounds. Mine was an 06 900. Was my weight off, or did they drop a few pounds?