Mahindra Roxor

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Anyone check out the Roxor? I guess Mahindra bought the rights to build the original Willys jeep and started making these. It has a high low transfer case, manual tranny and a 65 HP diesel engine.
They look pretty sweet, I imagine has a application but with all the modern sxs out there I don't really know where it fits in. $15-20K
Maybe if I lived in Texas, a good ranch vehicle.

https://www.roxoroffroad.com/

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Never heard of it but checked out the spec sheet.
Something tells me it drives like an old Willie. As you said, with the other modern SXS out there with probably better suspension, higher speeds, more comfort and better payload, not sure how it'll fit in. This one only has 350# payload and the it weighs over 3,000 pounds?!?!?.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Anyone check out the Roxor? I guess Mahindra bought the rights to build the original Willys jeep and started making these. It has a high low transfer case, manual tranny and a 65 HP diesel engine.
They look pretty sweet, I imagine has a application but with all the modern sxs out there I don't really know where it fits in. $15-20K
Maybe if I lived in Texas, a good ranch vehicle.

https://www.roxoroffroad.com/
Mahindra has been building jeeps for 70 years under license from Willys. They are as much a part of Indian culture as they are here in the US.

My daughter did her college semester abroad in New Delhi. Here are some photos I took when we visited her.

Rural taxi service, from the highway back into roadless farm country.
34883d1110603709-comparison-old-ih-tractors-current-602986-ruraljeeps291img_1159-jpg

Army squad in uniforms going somewhere. That rear tire was moved to the side for US civilian jeeps so this is a clone of the WWII model.
79792d1182701009-everyone-ready-mahindra-diesel-pickup-261img_1033-jpg

Taxis to a tourist site.
79794d1182701045-everyone-ready-mahindra-diesel-pickup-433img_1582-jpg

A later model. I wish they sold these here.
79795d1182701056-everyone-ready-mahindra-diesel-pickup-290img_1158-jpg

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I read a little about Mahindra's Roxor when they were announced. Youtube has customer demos if you are interested.

It is essentially a Willys clone with modern components as needed - but with no safety features that would allow it on US roads.

I don't understand why it is so heavy.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I may just have to test drive one of these later on down the line. I did price them on the internet for the heck of it and prices are right in the same area as the Kubota 900 open air model with hydraulic lift ,plastic roof, bed liner and alloy atv wheels.. .. The hydraulic bed lift isn't on the Roxor of course since it's bed isn't that type. It just seems to me it'd be easier to get stuck in a boggy field with that additional 1000 lbs and the factory tires. (I'm used to very aggressive ones on the 'bota.) The prices were thousands cheaper up North rather than my area in the south, it seemed - for last years model anyway....
I sure do like the Roxor's all metal body though. And then there's the truck like 4wd .. hummmmm..... And, haha in my opinion the Roxor is really cool looking. Negatives is the manual transmission for chasing calves /cows and the small cargo area. Gotta say I've only used my kubota rtv xtr, ws hydraulic dump bed for maintenance of the engine and transmission .. my kubota's tool box is loaded with tools and very very heavy so couldn't raise it manually without cleaning it out.
Well , I coming upon 4200 hrs on this 2012 rtv 900 xtr and I sold my last rtv 900 (2005) with 4,200 + hrs on it... I love looking though so gonna take my time and save up for when the time is right. collie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank ya'll :) !! I'm still looking and trying to be even sided in my thinking. Now I need to know about the body's undercarriage durability and repair cost .( I like simple. ) ... and wonder about what those driveshafts cost on the Roxor.. As seen in Peprs latest thread on his kubota's one piece.. almost an outrageous $600 for just the
shaft alone .... I 'm going to think about that when buying a new machine of some brand. Once I found a bobcat at a really good price but they are over my head now.
Haha. and , if I jumped ship, I would miss ya'll a whole bunch !!!!! I mean a heap !! collie

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Thank ya'll :) !! I'm still looking and trying to be even sided in my thinking. Now I need to know about the body's undercarriage durability and repair cost .( I like simple. ) ... and wonder about what those driveshafts cost on the Roxor.. As seen in Peprs latest thread on his kubota's one piece.. almost an outrageous $600 for just the
shaft alone .... I 'm going to think about that when buying a new machine of some brand. Once I found a bobcat at a really good price but they are over my head now.
Haha. and , if I jumped ship, I would miss ya'll a whole bunch !!!!! I mean a heap !! collie

Sure would miss you a ton BC. But before I'd buy one of those I look into a Jeep. Probably a Wrangler or later CJ type. Tough as nails, you can get parts about anywhere and built to do what you do.

You should be able to find good ones under $15K. I had a CJ5 I bought 25 years back with a fiberglass body, lift kit and I added a Chevy 4.3L V6. Little bugger was unstoppable with very aggressive tires and a front mounted winch. Sold it when we sold the Northern property though.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You wouldn't have to jump ship BC. I'm embarrassed to say that my RTV hasn't been used in months but I wouldn't leave here.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Heck I've never owned anything labelled 'Kubota' - aside from the American-made backhoe on my Yanmar, and apparently the oversize wheels someone put on it (see sig photo below) - but I follow interesting threads like this one. I don't think there's any criterion to participate.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I went and test drove one yesterday..... very different and very cool. Pricing one now just for the heck of it. It is a longer step up to get into, that's for sure. will keep ya'll informed .. collie